Eezi-Awn K9 Roof Racks, Accessories, Applications, Q&A

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
...The attachment was really easy, and they are held on there very well. Our next goal is to see if we can adapt the MaxTrax Mounting Pin Set to a 8mm bolt that will fit in the K9 Rack slots. This will improve accessibility and make them easy to lock down. Stay tuned.

Cheers,

Very interested in this! I need to get some more pin kits from Maxtrax and try to figure out something too.

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
K9 Roof Rack Shovel, Axe & Hi Lift Mounts

K9 Roof Rack Shovel, Axe & Hi Lift Mounts

Equipt is proud to announce the launch of 3 new K9 Roof Rack Accessories

K9 Shovel Mount

Shovel Mount 2.JPGShovel Mount 3.JPG

The Eezi-Awn K9 Shovel Mount is an ingenious way to mount your recovery shovel to the side of the K9 Roof Rack System. It is designed to accommodate any size of style shovel by clamping to the handle shaft instead of the blade or handle end. The cover clamps down to reduce rattles, and there is a loop provided for attaching a lock. The mount has a flat back surface, and utilizes one of the K9 Accessory Adapters to attach to the side of the rack. Accessory Adapter is included with Mount. Price: $55

K9 Axe Mount

Axe Mount 1.JPGAxe Mount 3.JPG

The Eezi-Awn K9 Axe Mount is designed very similar to the shovel mount, with the exception of the tool cradle. The cradle it deeper and a bit more narrow, to better control the traditional style axe handle. Price: $55

K9 Hi Lift Mount

Hi Lift Mount 8.JPGHi Lift Mount Base 1.JPGHi Lift Mount Bracket 1.JPG

The Eezi-Awn K9 Hi Lift Mount with cover lets you store your Hi Lift on the top or on the side of your K9 Roof Rack. It consists of two parts, a base bracket that has a positioning pin and bolt location, and a handle/ladder bracket to hold the top end of the lift. The bracket clamps down over the handle and ladder, and includes a positioning loops that keeps the ladder in place and provides a hole for a lock. The bolt in the base holds the hi lift base tightly in place reducing rattles. Hi Lift Mount includes a cover for the lift mechanism, to keep the elements away. Price: $86

Though each accessory is designed for use with the K9 Roof Rack System, they are easily universal. The back of each accessory is flat when the adapter is removed. It could be mounted to most any flat surface.

Cheers,

Equipt

Yes, the tire carrier for the rack is scheduled to arrive in February with our next container. We're looking forward to having that available.

I did attend SEMA this year. My 8th year in a row. It was a good show. A lot of the same stuff, but a few new things. Eezi-Awn was represented outside in the Feature Vehicle area with a K9 Rack on the Overland Journal LR4, and Expedition Overland was sporting a couple of our roof top tents in their expedition ready Tacoma and trailer.

photo 1[2].JPGphoto 2[3].JPG

Cheers,

D

Deleted member 67976

Jus 4 Fun-

I'm debating between the longer rack that comes over the sunroof on my TE or doing a shorter rack like you did. What is the length of the one you mounted? Do you regret having the smaller rack with the shorter awning? Appreciate the feedback. Thanks - Clint

Equipt

11 Days of Christmas Sale - Free Shipping on all K9 Roof Rack Systems in Stock

11 Days of Christmas Sale - Free Shipping on all K9 Roof Rack Systems in Stock

roofracks-xmas.jpg

Click here for Equipt's K9 Roof Rack Sale

From Friday 11/22/2013 to Monday 12/2/2013, Equipt is offering free shipping for all Eezi-Awn K9 Roof Rack Systems. This unprecedented offer is only for a short time, then it's gone. If you are thinking about a K9 Rack, now is your chance to save up to $200 in shipping expense. Free Shipping offer is for delivery to a commercial address or the closest Fed Ex Freight Terminal for will call. No residential delivery.

Merry Christmas!

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Have you had any successful applications of the rack system to a 2005 Toyota Sequoia or similar model year?

Equipt

Hi Jim,

We haven't installed the K9 Rack on a Sequoia yet, but I have spent some time looking at photos of the OEM rack on that vehicle and I don't see that it would be too difficult to do. The key to whether it would fit or not is the width of the OEM rack, outside to outside. If you can get that measurement for me, I will be able to tell you our options. What I do notice is on that year and model there are 3 mounting locations for the OEM rack. This is great news. It gives us solid OEM mounting locations at front/mid/rear. It is very similar to the layout for the Land Cruiser 100 Series. That would be the system to use. It would most likely require new mounting holes in the rail to match the OEM mounting points, but other than that it would be a great fit. Here is the link to the 100 Series K9 Roof Racks.

Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series K9 2.2M Roof Rack

Please let me know that width measurement and let's see if we can put something together for you.

Cheers,

jjstahl3

Explorer
Photo Jan 21, 4 10 21 PM.jpg
Photo Jan 21, 4 10 29 PM.jpg
Photo Jan 21, 4 10 44 PM.jpg

Just wanted to let everyone know that Paul knows his stuff we recently wanted to add thule accessories to our rack and could not find a adapter but Paul pointed us in the right direction picking up a set of used older thule feet that fit great in the track and now we are set

Attachments

• Photo Jan 21, 4 10 44 PM.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 216
  • Photo Jan 21, 4 10 29 PM.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 219
  • Photo Jan 21, 4 10 21 PM.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 259
  • Photo Jan 21, 4 10 21 PM.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 236
  • Photo Jan 21, 4 10 29 PM.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 205
  • Photo Jan 21, 4 10 44 PM.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 220

udoxx

Observer
Yes, I second that. Mr. May knows his stuff! Hey Paul, are you going to start posting on YouTube again?

Equipt

Thanks for the kind words guys. Jay, the Thule bars look great on there. That opens up a whole world of options for your rack system. Very cool.

cheers,

4Running

"The attachment was really easy, and they are held on there very well. Our next goal is to see if we can adapt the MaxTrax Mounting Pin Set to a 8mm bolt that will fit in the K9 Rack slots. This will improve accessibility and make them easy to lock down. Stay tuned."

Any success adapting the MaxTrax Pins to the K9 Rack Slots?

Equipt

Not yet. We've been running full speed here at the shop. I haven't had a chance to get to this project yet. Brian McVickers of Overland International has a K9 Roof Rack on his 3rd Gen 4Runner, and he came up with an interesting concept that has great promise. It is a pair of brackets that span a couple slats and provide mounting holes for the MaxTrax mounting pins to fasten to. It was the direction I had planned to go. Jess Stuhler, the owner of Eezi-Awn, is coming to the US next week to help out in our booth at the Overland Expo. If you have a chance to stop by and chat, please to. I will be discussing this project with him. We'll see what his 2 cents on the idea are.

Cheers,

Equipt

Eezi-Awn K9 Roof Rack and Shade 2M Awning Give Away - A Win/Win Opportunity.

FB-rack-Promo.jpgFB-shade-Promo.jpg

I thought I should mention a great opportunity we are offering this month. We are giving away a complete K9 Roof Rack System to a lucky sole at the Overland Expo next week. The sign up for the giveaway closes early next week, so take a few minutes and enter to win! If you can't make the Expo, no worries. We are giving away a Shade 2M awning to someone nationally too. A Win/Win. Here is the link to the Give Away.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equi...356?id=154237711256356&sk=app_190076381016644

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles