EEZI-Awn Stealth or AluCab?

Wallygator

Adventurer
How do you like the doors being on the outside of the screens? For me, it's better to have screens on the outside. During warmer nights, when there's insects, you don't have to open the screen to adjust how open or closed your doors are and thereby letting pests into your tent.

It took some getting used to but it really isn't an issue. I haven't had a problem with pests getting in when making adjustments for air flow. I also hit the window before unzipping to knock water and any pests away. I keep the back window pretty much in the same spot and really never touch it. I do like the fact the screens stay relatively dry during rainy times due to this design. The screens can probably hold an awful lot of water which would probably find a way onto the bed during entry/exit. I am sure that would also be a problem during winter camping. So overall to answer your question, I don't mind it this way.

An it must be this way for a reason, Eezi-awn has been in the tent business a long time. I am not sure but I wonder if all the Eezi-awn tents are the same design?

pigeonfarmboy

I'm trying to decide between the Alu-Cab and the Bush Company Alpha. The only reason the Stealth isn't on the table is no storage option on the lid. I have an Eezi-Awn rack and awning and I have no doubts of the build-quality of the Stealth.

I'm trying to decide between the Alu-Cab and the Bush Company Alpha. The only reason the Stealth isn't on the table is no storage option on the lid. I have an Eezi-Awn rack and awning and I have no doubts of the build-quality of the Stealth.
After looking them all over the AluCab dropped out of contention with the lack of foot room at the bottom. The Stealth looks like a great tent and Eezi-Awn makes amazing stuff, but I ended up speaking for a Bush Company Alpha which is scheduled to arrive in late January. The space, the electronics, the dual layer canvas, the large awning, all pointed me this direction. Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together. Appreciate the input!

pigeonfarmboy

After looking them all over the AluCab dropped out of contention with the lack of foot room at the bottom. The Stealth looks like a great tent and Eezi-Awn makes amazing stuff, but I ended up speaking for a Bush Company Alpha which is scheduled to arrive in late January. The space, the electronics, the dual layer canvas, the large awning, all pointed me this direction. Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together. Appreciate the input!
The Alpha definitely made me reconsider. Not knowing how much the add-on side door awnings from Alu-Cab will add to the cost, it potentially saves an awful lot of dollars.

Lownomore

If I remember right the Alu-Cab Gen 4 tent is supposed to be on the market early next year. From what I've heard they've addressed some of the concerns with the Gen 3 tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior