• tinajasaltas02.jpg
    tinajasaltas02.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 38
  • tinajasaltas03.jpg
    tinajasaltas03.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 43

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Kudos on the great article in the September issue of Off Road! Nicely written by Scott and gives the flavor of the area for the adventurer in contrast to the dark side as represented in NG Adventure this month. Don't get me wrong, I think both views are important and it is important that people travel informed.

articulate

Expedition Leader
elcoyote said:
Kudos on the great article in the September issue of Off Road! Nicely written by Scott and gives the flavor of the area for the adventurer in contrast to the dark side as represented in NG Adventure this month. Don't get me wrong, I think both views are important and it is important that people travel informed.
Good call! I'm interested in reading this NG Adventure article, now.

I'm digging those google earth shots, too, Chris. Nice.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I picked up a copy of NG Adventure for the flight down to Purta Vallarta, and also read the article. Very interesting contrast to the article Scott wrote for Off Road. And, great write up also Scott. I did learn in reading the NG article that O´Niell was the first person to ever drown in that area. Apperently, he drown while trying to round up a heard of burro´s after a heavy rain strom and fell face down into a pool of mud and drown. Don´t know actually how factual this is, but interesting none the same.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
The little guide book/pamphlet that they give you when you register for your permit says that O'neill was drunk and fell/passed out into a watering trough and drowned.:friday: Or at least that's what I remember reading!

Either way, amazing to drown in the middle of the desert.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
BajaTaco said:
I finally added a trip report to bajataco.com

Check it out

Nice Pic's Chris! You seem to have a great eye to catch the artistic views I would easily overlook. Also when I went through Ajo, last month, I bumped into a nicely equipped BLM owned Power Wagon, they set them up quite nicely.

articulate

Expedition Leader
Way to go, Chris. This shot is PERFECT:
L_cdd28.jpg

It's not a fancy sunset shot, but photographing the tinajas is tough; you've got to have a person in it to help display the size of those things. The exposure damn nice.

Vince ought to be pleased to have this picture of him on the 'net:
Stuffing his face

I wonder where I can get this hat:
He's a cute old guy, makin' them young girls cry.

Seriously: nice photos. Thanks

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Jonathan, it is not the Anti-Chrtist Nissan, it is the Anti-Expeditions West Nissan:p :shakin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier