Electric Hummer pick up truck teaser pic

F350joe

Adventurer
dunno but it's a real disappointment, considering the native ground clearance etc of an H1. This E-HUMMER is like those H2 bodies on a Tahoe chassis. Real triumph of phony branding.

/I just put my money where my truculence is, now have my registration number for an AWD Cybertruck. Probably be 2-3yrs before the bill comes due.
Cool, look forward to the build. Buy some stock, it could pay for it itself in a few years.
There really is nothing “hummer’ about that truck, blazer maybe.

Todd n Natalie

Observer
Not sure how close any of these pictures / renderings are to the production version.

As far as I know, H2's were built on a GM 2500 frame that was bobbed front / rear for better approach / departure angles.

Personally I never had an issue with the H2 / H3. I drove an H2 for a weekend and it averaged better fuel economy that the lifted Grand Cherokee I had at the time.

dunno but it's a real disappointment, considering the native ground clearance etc of an H1. This E-HUMMER is like those H2 bodies on a Tahoe chassis. Real triumph of phony branding.

/I just put my money where my truculence is, now have my registration number for an AWD Cybertruck. Probably be 2-3yrs before the bill comes due.
I have no idea why so many people think that the H2 body is mounted to a Tahoe chassis. The H2 has its own unique frame.

Even in the article written to hate on the H2 clarifies that they are not the same chassis:

Either way I am interested to see what the real design looks like when GM announces it in May... I have stopped looking at the rendering and speculation as it is all just guess work and nobody seem to have inside information (or photo's like in the case of the new Bronco)

onemanarmy

Explorer
There is more to the 'chassis' than just the frame.
They appear to have used the Tahoe steering links/tie rod on the H2.....and the carnage ensued
For a start

Shovel

Explorer
If that 1000hp comes at 9000 rpm but it sits at 4000 rpm doing 70, it certainly can't utilize the breadth of power that it shows on paper.
Marketing is funny anyway in that regard; most of us never really make full use of our engines' peak numbers even if there are times we have the pedal floored. Towing with my V8 Ram if I ask it for maximum frijoles to accelerate up a hill it will usually downshift to a gear that results in ~4500rpm but the peak horsepower figure supposedly happens at 5600 rpm. I don't think I've ever seen the tachometer at that number except in first gear making a lively freeway on-ramp run. If the torque curve was level, 4500 is about 80% of 5600 and since horsepower is a function of time that means I'm really only able to use around 80% of the peak stated horsepower when I need it most, towing at capacity up a grade.

That's a very specific example but its one for which I can quote first hand experience and I suspect it's more common than an exception for all vehicles.

I'm not very good at kayfabe and I know that makes a lot of people very angry but if we cut the B.S. here, that's a sleek and modern looking machine and I'm certain it will do a great job of driving people around in Ohio and Florida and wherever 95% of all Wranglers realistically ever go, and 99% of every other 4x4 ever sold. I also doubt you'll see any of them being seriously used in the context of bonafide outdoorsmanship or overland travel except as part of a stunt because infrastructure wise we're still nowhere near where we would need to be for an electron-dependent outdoors/overland application. I also am confident that GM knows this as do all of the other players in this market. Driving a truck on-road just for the look and feel, and never getting it dirty is still a lifestyle and it's as valid as any other lifestyle is - and when power generation is outsourced you can ignore whether it's still hydrocarbon dependent because at the point of use it's cleaner and cheaper.

EV Hummer = 11500 ft-lb wheel torque
Unimog U500 = 224,000 ft-lb in 1st working gear
2,184,000 ft-lb in 1st crawler gear
About 38500 ft-lb even in 1st road gear.
A U500 can pull a loaded 747. What about the Hummer EV?

Recommended books for Overlanding

Don't Go There. It's Not Safe. You'll Die.: And other mor...
by Jared McCaffree, Jessica Mans, Kobus Mans
From $19.99
Long Way Down: An Epic Journey by Motorcycle from Scotlan...
by Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman
From $7.95
Cycling the Great Divide: From Canada to Mexico on North ...
by Michael McCoy, venture Cycling Association
From $9.99