enclosed trailer

ThomD

Explorer
I wonder if a toy hauler might be better suited to wheel chair access. Drop the back ramp and he rolls in. Since the door of any trailer isn't going to be big enough for a wheelchair, this could make a big difference. I don't know anything about your situation, but I would guess that anything that gives your brother just a bit more independence would be a good thing.

Coachman's small toy hauler

I don't know anything about this company, I just picked one from the same company you linked to.

1leg

Explorer
If you go to a dealer and look around you will get a better feel about the size and floor plan you would like. And ask the dealer about Wheel chair lifts call around to the Manufactures, Some might help out with the cost of installing one.

Good luck,

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
sorry I missed this post till now....
actually there is some really good news coming down the trail soon...
Adventure Trailers is working on a new trailer that will give easy access for any mobility issues.
Also I am building a wheelchair test trailer to work out some issues. It will be low with pullout drawers and use a Autohome Columbus tent.

I have a couple of Austrailia and South African 4wd mag's and they have some very cool trailers that would be perfect....just need to find out more.

ZR2nit

Adventurer
Thanks for the input.

However the thing is my little brother unfortunatly will need my help with everything. He is no longer strong enough to move his chair under his own power since his last couple of major surguries. Thats why I need a enclosed trailer that is like the "SPREE" so I can cook him dinner,give him a bath,for he and I to keep warm and cool,keep us out of the elements and most for my brother to be comfortable. The trailer is not for me whats-so-ever. If it was for me I would just buy a Truck Tent III.

So while I appreciate the input and do not mean to sound like a ungrateful jerk I need a camper that is small and has all the ammenties of home.

Thanks,
Marty

ZR2nit

Adventurer
Actually something like the Commander from Conqueror would be perfect for my needs. Unfortunately there only available in South Africa and do not have the money to buy one from over there and have it shipped to the U.S. only for DOT to tell me its not road worthy here

ThomD

Explorer
ZR2nit said:
Actually something like the Commander from Conqueror would be perfect for my needs. Unfortunately there only available in South Africa and do not have the money to buy one from over there and have it shipped to the U.S. only for DOT to tell me its not road worthy here

Isn't there a thread about a guy in Atlanta with a supply of Conqueror's he is clearing out?

ZR2nit

Adventurer
Yeah thanks for the heads up ThomD. I saw that thread as well but unforutnately he only sales the smaller pop-up style

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
I hate to state the obvious, but perhaps a trip to an RV AMERICA or the like would give you some good data on what is available. Let us know how things progress!

adrenaline503

Explorer
Have you kept on eye on craigslist? At least in Seattle, a lot of different models are represented, I often see options that I never knew existed. Not to mention you can see them in person and they are way cheaper than new, even if they are only a few seasons old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior