Encore RV ROG

VoodooBlue

I picked up the 12RK a few months ago. Like has been said above, it checked a lot of the boxes. I added a 270 awning and a rooftop tent. I have a 100W solar panel that I use with it and a 200AH lithium battery.

So far I have really like it. Happy to answer any questions. I would love to add the ladder and lights that they just released with the survival series.

This is a great idea.
I added a 3” lift to my trailer for added ground clearance.

How did you do that? I'll have to look into that. Mine is out of alignment with my tow vehicle and I think this would help a lot.

Last edited:

MOHNKERN

Their new survival series can be equipped with 3 lithium batteries and 200 watts Solar.

The battery compartment in the front is optimized for 2 AGM's and I do believe it is prewired for external solar, I think its up near the propane grill connection but I would have to check again. I would imagine that using the AC when the Roof top tent is up there would be a no go, but I believe I heard or read that the tent does clear the AC. Yeah there are 3 of them in stock at the one dealer I stopped at. I am giving it some serious consideration for sure.

The list on it will all options is like 28K they are listed "on sale" at the dealer for 23...so I figure If I decide to get it 20K is doable even in this market, the RV lots are flooded again and sales are abundant on all but the most in demand, low production models.
series

MOHNKERN

Any idea how much the survival series 12RK is gonna be? I know the company is new and figuring it out, but they really have trouble putting their products on their website, I have read about all the attachments for the roof rack that you can buy but have not seen a single one listed for sale.

The only thing that has given me pause about picking up this trailer is the lack of any reviews other than dealers and from the company. Searching forums, you tube etc only yields a few reviews or comments. I am sure there will be more soon. Not having new products on the website but actually having them produced and on dealer lots is kinda a red flag to me that the company could possibly not be well organized or in it for the long haul. Or maybe their web people just suck and need to be replaced.

The Survival series only has 2 things that I would be interested in, the ladder and the step bumpers, it would be interesting to know if those could be spec'd separately on the regular 12RK...I would not want to pay a premium for an axe shovel etc but if the price is right I might consider it.

I do like the no wood construction.
FYI there is an Encore owners group on Facebook

KCcarguy

Just bought one of these. HUGE mistake. It’s been one problem after another since we brought it home. Only 3 nights camping before issues started popping up and it’s been one trip after another to the shop ever since.

Don’t let the marketing fool you…this is no different than all the other garbage coming out of Indiana. I highly encourage anyone considering an RV to research the problems in the industry and particularly QC issues;

I can’t get my money back, but I’m hoping I can help other enthusiasts avoid this pitfall. I would encourage anyone out there looking for an adventure trailer to shop companies who manufacture outside the Elkhart, IN area.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Just bought one of these. HUGE mistake. It’s been one problem after another since we brought it home. Only 3 nights camping before issues started popping up and it’s been one trip after another to the shop ever since.

Don’t let the marketing fool you…this is no different than all the other garbage coming out of Indiana. I highly encourage anyone considering an RV to research the problems in the industry and particularly QC issues;

I can’t get my money back, but I’m hoping I can help other enthusiasts avoid this pitfall. I would encourage anyone out there looking for an adventure trailer to shop companies who manufacture outside the Elkhart, IN area.
Man that's a bummer sorry to hear this.
the "One"company in the Elkhart area that bucks the norm is Kingdom Camping. Just saying.

KCcarguy

Man that's a bummer sorry to hear this.
the "One"company in the Elkhart area that bucks the norm is Kingdom Camping. Just saying.
Good to know. Those are nice-looking trailers!

More than anything I want people to be aware of the problems going on with RV manufacturing in that area. Before buying, I researched this model specifically (getting good reviews, of coarse) and never ran across articles exposing the problems with manufacturing in that area. Hoping to help others to be more informed before investing in a trailer. Just wanting others to consider not just the design of a trailer, but who built it.

cseaman

I stumbled upon this thread while searching for something else and figured I'd drop some feedback. I purchased a ROG 12RK SS in July 2023..third trailer we have bought since 2021. You kinda figure out what you want, don't want, need, and don't need when you use trailers a lot, and we settled on this thing after spending some time looking at other similar trailers and seeing a bunch at Overland Expo NW in 2022.

Overall, I am very happy with Encore. The owner and key staff are very involved in the FB owner's groups. The trailer has not had any significant issues and tows extremely well, even behind my current '24 Wrangler 392 on 37s. I have contacted the company two times, once via phone for minor tech support and once via email for a warranty issue. Both times, I got immediate and accurate resolutions. I can say, without a doubt, this was not the same experience you'd get with many other Indiana-based trailer builders and I know that having owned two ************ Forest River variants before this.

I am not a IG overlandy guy and will never try and do any serious off-roading with this trailer. While it is well-built, it's not an aussie-built $50k+ trailer intended for that. I do, however, trust this trailer and really, really enjoy using it. Camped 10-12x from Jul-Dec 2023 and have a 35 night adventure planned to the PNW from Arkansas in late spring.

755B01D3-E9E8-468E-B979-0CEDCF09A26E.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier