Espresso Machine in Trailer!?

vegan_jeeper

www.offroadvegan.com
Have you checked out the ROK? We have been using it since our MyPressi bit the dust. After getting it dialed in (grind adjustment and tamping pressure), it is pulling some seriously awesome shots. The best part is that it doesn't need any power, it is all hand actuated.

http://www.rokkitchentools.com/

We ended up getting a nice stainless tamper for it and we adjusted the grind one coarser from our regular expresso grind and it works amazing.

THAT is awesome! Is it big?

vegan_jeeper

www.offroadvegan.com
I run my Nespresso through my inverter all the time. I love it. The inverter is a 2000W/4000W pure sine and runs it no problemo.

The best part is, it takes up very little room and I can stop, make espresso, back in the truck moving again in 3 minutes.

I've even set it up within reach of the drivers seat for long pavement hauls. Don't listen to the haters.

Can I ask what inverter you are using??

ericvs

THAT is awesome! Is it big?

I just measured the unit itself. it is 12" tall x 9" wide x 5 1/2" deep. The container that it comes in is a bit bigger than this overall. not a backpack unit for sure, but for the quality of coffee, I think it would be worth it to make space.

::Squish::

Observer
For me I went the aeropress route,

To get a real pump style epsresso machine to function it would use too much battery power,
And the stove top ones just don't provide the right amount of consistent pressure to pull a good shot, without the device being startlingly expensive

And aeropress, some good beans and a good grinder and it makes a decent cup of coffee, mixed with some frothed foam and it's a decent replacement for a Cafe Latte
It's kind like half way between an American Cafe Latte and a Cafe Ole

rayra

Expedition Leader
100 years and nothing's really changed, has it?

6a00e5513924e68833017c3838c47f970b-600wi

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
I grew up with a rig like this in the house (but ours was old and about twice as big):

ART.S1CO_detail.jpg

Started pulling the handle on that bad boy I guess when I was around six (50 years ago). Dunno how many times I rebuilt that thing over the years to keep my mom happy.

At home and in the field, I use a moka pot (which forces steam under pressure through the tamped grounds). Been doing that for 40 years:

iipsrv.fcgi

But for solo backpacking I've often carried an extra small size Turkish style coffee pot (and I do like Turkish coffee):

s-l1000.jpg

Remember when Penn & Teller did an episode off Bullsh*t! where they filled glasses of water from a garden hose in the alley and told people it was high dollar special water and everyone just LOVED the taste?

Turned out they couldn't actually taste the difference. All in their minds.

Same thing happens with audiophiles. They buy gear based on the specs, but their ears aren't actually capable of hearing such minute differences. All in their minds.

I'm betting it's the same with coffee "connesiuers". 99.9% probably can't actually taste the difference between coffee pressed at 20 psi and coffee pressed at 50 psi. All in their minds.

I've been doing this all my life and I almost gagged the first time I tasted Starbucks. Someone should have shot their "master roaster" for burning the crap out the beans. But hey, now that ******** is the "signature Starbucks flavor" and "experts" rave about it. Blech.

Liberty means anyone is free to buy whatever water, audio gear or coffee apparatus they like. More power to 'em.

Liberty also means I get to laugh at them.

And I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94