EXD 350 - EarthCruiser on flat bed

Mingo

Very sorry we could not be there.
Long story short we had a genius put gas in our diesel truck , not happy.
that is a huge bummer. sorry to hear, hopefully the rig is OK. We (me and my 2 daughters) have been lurking the forum and hoping to one day see your rig in person one day. We're trying to find a solution that can comfortably fit 4 that wouldn't high five every branch on mountain roads.

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
We have been elbows deep in injectors and pump the last few days, it could have been much worse. Very sorry we did not get to your part of the world, there is no doubt once this mess gets cleaned up we will have another go.

Mingo

We have been elbows deep in injectors and pump the last few days, it could have been much worse. Very sorry we did not get to your part of the world, there is no doubt once this mess gets cleaned up we will have another go.
I hear this stuff can potentially help get diesel cars that have been contaminated by gasoline to run safely (after a flush), https://www.bellperformance.com/fuel-treatment/lube-pro-diesel-engine-lubricant. Hope the rig gets running safely. I've been researching isuzu NPR gassers with 4x4 conversions due to the scarcity of diesel in some remote areas.

lanceatm

I hear this stuff can potentially help get diesel cars that have been contaminated by gasoline to run safely (after a flush), https://www.bellperformance.com/fuel-treatment/lube-pro-diesel-engine-lubricant. Hope the rig gets running safely. I've been researching isuzu NPR gassers with 4x4 conversions due to the scarcity of diesel in some remote areas.
Life happens, the truck is all but sorted. Appreciate the link, unfortunately we are beyond liquid engineering at this point.
We have looked very hard at both the FUSO and Isuzu V8, we have significant engineering time invested in both. It is a thread topic for sure.

lanceatm

G`day All
Back in the office for a bit today.
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close3.JPG
EXD-350 is alive! Touch screen with full manual backup. This system has been tested and proven on blue water boats, as far as we know it is a first in this application.
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close1.JPG
DC Air con - Inverter - charge controllers - solar systems all in one neat hub for easy diagnostics and upgrades. This is so much better than crawling around on the floor in the dark trying to figure out why something does not ( insert your preferred word here) work when you need it to. I think we have all been there. It is not powder coated because we are going to reduce the footprint by roughly 20%.
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close5.JPG
Entry switches - roof - entry lights etc.
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close8.JPG
Inside/out side storage door - perfect as BBQ table.
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close10.JPG
Air tank (with drain - not finished) and 12 volt pump pressure control valve perfect to re inflate your tyres after a day on the beach.
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close11.JPG
Pre wire for extra fridge or "what ever".
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close12.JPG
LED lights in storage lockers - both sides.

EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close14.JPG
Smart shore power - we like this because EXD will only be available in a lithium system.
I suspect there might be a change to location.
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close7.JPG
Drivers side tool / recover gear box.
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close9.JPG
Passenger side.

Couple of inside pic`s soon.

Cheers

Lance

Last edited:

lanceatm

A few inside happy snaps -

EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close2.JPG
Entryway sink , the tap extends for the shower - all of those switches are submersible.
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close4.JPG
Behind this storage compartment is access to sink drain pump . We are not relying on gravity for any grey water, it is all pumped, no nasty smells wafting into your truck thank you very much.
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close6.JPG
It even has a kitchen sink! Hot cold tap - purified (not just filtered) water drinking tap.
Handy and cup holders, don`t spill that drink.

That`s it for now.

Cheers

Lance

Last edited:

lanceatm

Keep the pictures coming. It looks great. Is the bed, seating conversion motorized?
G`day Ted
Yes push a button and the bed turns into the dinette and back again. The boys a playing around with different speeds, it hard to get pic`s with out any one in it.

lanceatm

Hmm, that was interesting at the Ford dealer.
We have not chopped into any factory harness nore will we. However because the bull bar has LED lights and the Ford ( believe it or not) still has incandescent there is surprise surprise a check light or two. If we unplug the fog light harness the windows don`t go up and down and that can be normal apparently, yes really.
Nothing that maths can`t fix, oh the joys of it.

Truck is driving great on all stock suspension, did well on lane change and brake test. The plan is to fit a rear sway bar and bilstein shocks latter this week just to make it a little bit nicer, probably not necessary though.

lanceatm

Update on the lights-
Bull bar fog and indicator lights sorted fairly easily. Rear lights, Ford does have a circuit in there we can use, the only question we still have is the number plate light. Ford offer a tailgate delete kit (two blanking plugs) that keep that part of the system happy.
We have a new rear camera that will talk to the factory harness and screen, nearly there.
Winch can run off either battery MUST have 650 AMP breaker.
It is fun learning stuff.

Ted Ellison

Lance

Are you planning to produce these EXD trucks like your other fuso trucks? Start to finish with possible suspension changes as needed to optimize the ride and performance with the load. Custom front cab interior? I would be interested in a regular cab cummins dodge ram build with a pass through. Something smaller than the EXP and better able to tow a boat.

lanceatm

Lance

Are you planning to produce these EXD trucks like your other fuso trucks? Start to finish with possible suspension changes as needed to optimize the ride and performance with the load. Custom front cab interior? I would be interested in a regular cab cummins dodge ram build with a pass through. Something smaller than the EXP and better able to tow a boat.

Absolutely.
2017+ Trucks only, choose your favourite brand of 3500 - Ford - Chev - Dodge - Nissan.
Just be sure it has a 8 foot bed and we are good to go.
We are calling fully built up trucks the Expedition Package there is a list of options to choose from similar to the EXP and FX models.
There is a Dodge 3500 ( I think and HOPE it will be a AEV ) booked in already to build up with the Expedition Package latter this year.

Cheers

Lance

Last edited:

lanceatm

There was a few questions on air conditioning -
This truck has DC air con these are some in build pic`s -

EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close14.JPG
We use a split system - this is showing the evaporator tucked up beside the bed cabinet. Hoses to the right run down to the pump. We can insulate noise better with a split system and much better use of space.
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close15.JPG
Controls are in a nook beside the bed, more on that latter.
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close17.JPG
If you where wondering where to put your drunk mate, we found a spot.
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close16.JPG
These trucks have two tanks for drinking water, either can be isolated. Whale fittings used throughout ( you don`t need tools to undo a fitting) . If at some point one wanted to add a water line or there is a damaged pipe it is very easy to "click" in a replacement.
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close18.JPG
Few small gremlins in the programing, nothing major, all sorted now.
EXD_EarthCruiser_ gettign close13.JPG
Multi option mount post, equal hole spacing. Lots of options for mounting goodness only know what.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles