EXD 350 - EarthCruiser on flat bed

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
What happened to the Wrappon toilet system?
We did fit a cassette , wrappon and composting ( if you look close in some of the prototype pics you can see there is a gap in the back wall where cassette toilet fits, the wrap on needed more height, obviously in production there will be no gap).
The cassette is by far the best use of space, it is planned one can have any one of the three options, I would recommend the cassette, for space saving.
The wrappon waterless system was the most inefficient use of space in this application, it does have other advantages of course.

Last edited:

lanceatm

That EXD came out great! Out of my price range, but that one on the right is very plausible!!!!
Thank you, the crew did really well.
That`s MOD on the right, once piece fiberglass shell , weighs a true 800 pounds and can be flat bed.
$22K.

Monkeysee

Pass through makes all the difference in our book. The whole truck has got to work together. We expect to have the shell end of next week.
agree. With the fwc grandy we now use, as opposed the old 87 Dodge Explorer campervan we used to travel in, I miss the ability to heat the livingspace of the camper with the engine heater while traveling .

using the vehicle radiator heat source, we used to arrive at our destination with a heated living space, which also mitigated some of the condensation problems associated with cold weather camping.

maybe someday I'll install a hydronic radiator in the fwc that works off the truck engine radiator.

Btw, I turn off the propane at the tank while sleeping and while driving. I like to have redundant Safety Systems in place.

lanceatm

Interested in seeing the passthrough and how the rear of the truck was modified to accommodate.

G`day All
EXD is designed to have a pass through , personally i would not have a truck for travel with out one.
Pass through is available on 2017+ pick ups only as an option.
Design intent for the EXD was so you can build your truck to suit your needs.
This first truck is sold, the owner has decided to be sure they are happy with the new Ford before they commit to us to chop metal.
EarthCruiser EXD _ Pass through26.JPG
We are very used to making cab access or a pass through , above is a security screen that doubles as insulation.
FUSO EarthCruiser FX
EarthCruiser EXD _ Pass through27.JPG
We are not going to offer pass through for all models of chassis
it is the main reason reason we are sticking to 2017+ pick up trucks for the expedition paks.
_earthcruiser lwb_41.jpg
We want it to look as good as the factory, keeping the body lines shape and style as with this EXP on FUSO FG.
Tooling for reinforced composite material we use for pass throughs
( no welding for us that may cause distortion and potential rust problems in years to come) is very expensive.
Since pick up trucks do not have a tilting cab the job is much easier for us.
EarthCruiser EXD _ Pass through28.JPG
This is a rough idea of how much metal will be removed, easy to do when the time comes.
Pulling just the back window really does not give any useable egress.

Lance

Attachments

• EarthCruiser EXD _ Pass through28.JPG
    EarthCruiser EXD _ Pass through28.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 41
  • EarthCruiser EXD _ Pass through25.JPG
    EarthCruiser EXD _ Pass through25.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 47

Ted Ellison

Lance

Do you have any pictures of the interior with the bed folded and the table deployed? Also have you weighed the truck yet? My wife will be in Bend November 2nd and 3rd. Can she come see the truck?

Ted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94