Expedition One Rear Bumper

chet6.7

Explorer
Yeah,I was starting to get concerned.
Anyway,some good news, an email from Expo1,the tracking number shows it was picked up.(y)
"Your Expedition One order has shipped! It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED YOU INSPECT the order BEFORE signing the delivery receipt. If you have a third party receiving your order you are responsible for instructing them in proper receiving procedure. Expedition One is not liable for damage or lost items in transit."

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
the person that now is in possession of my rear bumper said that he and his brother spent a couple hours tweaking the backup sensors and got them to quit acting up. He said that none of them are in the positions they are supposed to be in and it was a total pain in the ass. hopefully mud and crap doesn't throw it into a loop again

ttengineer

Adventurer
Anyone know how many of these Ram bumpers they’ve made?

I’d also like to know if any of the Toyota guys have had the same issues with them, as I’ve never heard a bad word about them until this thread.

But I also wasn’t looking for reviews prior to this thread either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chet6.7

Explorer
The bumper is here,the SAIA driver called,he didn't think he could make it down my street,I told him there is an 18 wheeler on the street now,he did make the delivery. It arrived undamaged and packed well,it would have been nice if Expedition One would have included a packing list so I could see if all of the parts were shipped,sheet even Harbor Fraught includes a packing list.
To those that have installed this bumper how long did it take?

Kingsize24

Took me about a half of a day taking my time. I removed everything under the bed as well, from the spare tire, to all the shields, and the tire holder. Take your time, and tape your paint up at the corners before fitting up the bumper, just in case.

My front bumper order is turing into the same run-around. I called at the eight week mark to get an ETA like Roger said to do. He acted exasperated and said he didn't know what was going on. He emailed me and said he'd get an update. The email then went cold. I emailed him several times over the course of three weeks without a response. I called this Monday to cancel the order and was emailed asking for confirmation of the cancellation. I confirmed and let them know that due to the lack of communication I was going to begin the chargeback process in a week (it shouldn't take a week to return my money). I received an email today stating the bumper is in final production and going to powder coating next week so they are going to charge me a 3% restocking fee to cancel. They must think their customers are fools.

I intend to keep my word...the chargeback starts on Monday.

Explorerinil

Observer
My front bumper order is turing into the same run-around. I called at the eight week mark to get an ETA like Roger said to do. He acted exasperated and said he didn't know what was going on. He emailed me and said he'd get an update. The email then went cold. I emailed him several times over the course of three weeks without a response. I called this Monday to cancel the order and was emailed asking for confirmation of the cancellation. I confirmed and let them know that due to the lack of communication I was going to begin the chargeback process in a week (it shouldn't take a week to return my money). I received an email today stating the bumper is in final production and going to powder coating next week so they are going to charge me a 3% restocking fee to cancel. They must think their customers are fools.

What a ************ ass company to deal with, there has been constant horror stories of them on here and they are not responsive to their customers. Call ARB or AEV.

chet6.7

Explorer
They send that email out right before they run out of packing foam.

moderndaynorseman

Threatening to charge a restocking fee for something not even done yet is such a load of crap, especially after weeks of no communication. If it were me, I wouldn't wait at all to start the charge back process.

Kingsize24

Yep... I had my ARB within a week of ordering. Very pleasant experience, and the way it should be.

I tell everyone who asks me about my rear Exp1 bumper to run the other way.

What a ************ ass company to deal with, there has been constant horror stories of them on here and they are not responsive to their customers. Call ARB or AEV.

They send that email out right before they run out of packing foam.

I actually emailed a cancellation email last week but since they don't respond to email it was ignored. I called last Friday afternoon to cancel as well but was told everyone had gone home for the weekend and to call back.

I saved all of my email just in case something like this happened. I'm not worried.

Yep... I had my ARB within a week of ordering. Very pleasant experience, and the way it should be.

The good news is ARB delivers, the bad news is they delivered you the ugliest bumper on the market. Unfortunately there aren't many bumper manufacturers making bumpers to fit AEV flares.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke