Expedition Portal Joins Sema build with @weldtecdesigns

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Keep it coming, even though I don' t think I would use the Titan tank I still like seeing it and hearing your thoughts
Glad at least 1 person still comes to this thread. ;)

I am yet to put the Titan Fuel tank to use but i would love to hear why you would not use it?
Thanks again for your participation in this thread. (y)

Attachments

• Valossus Checy Express 4x4 van bumpers.jpg
    Valossus Checy Express 4x4 van bumpers.jpg
    830.5 KB · Views: 189
  • ULTIMATE OVERLAND 4X4 VALOSSUS.jpg
    ULTIMATE OVERLAND 4X4 VALOSSUS.jpg
    832.5 KB · Views: 189
  • TITAN FUEL CELL ON 4X4 VAN.jpg
    TITAN FUEL CELL ON 4X4 VAN.jpg
    800.6 KB · Views: 177

marret

I'd use it and I'll add it to my list. $600 (tank plus adapter) it is a bit pricey. I have had and expect to have the need to carry additional fuel. Right now I have 4 Scepter cans.

Thanks for the review and posting.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I am not against it at all as a concept...
But on my Transit I have the Owl Vans tire carrier which hangs on the hinges and my tire/wheel is the max weight I want to think about.
However down the road if I was to get a swingout bumper setup then the Titan makes much more sense for MY use...that is the beauty of all these rigs, something for everyone.

What I want to know about are the monster Lightforce lights you are running.
I have the smaller Venom and the 40in bar and light the spread, but I am jealous of the big boys and I am thinking about some of that reach way out size light you have.

whith

I love the work you’re doing for GM vans. I’m not that into the Titan tank because I get enough mileage out of the stock tank with a diesel that I’m not that worried about it. On the occasional long offroad excursion one Jerry can is enough. The rest of the rig is rad though. Love to see some sort of modular interior build for GM vans. Nobody is doing those really that I know of.

Keep it coming!

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
Sorry, too busy driving around the world (currently in France) in our Roadtrek that has your lift kit. ?

I wouldn't buy the Titan fuel tank. I definately a good idea but it won't fit my tire carrier and I already have enough fuel autonomy. It's also beyond my budget.

When I was looking at extra fuel I was thinking Rotopax.

You know what a cool product would be? A stealth replacement "glove compartment" with a security box. Or under the seat. Mostly for passports and extra cash.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
You know what a cool product would be? A stealth replacement "glove compartment" with a security box. Or under the seat. Mostly for passports and extra cash.
[/QUOTE]
We have been using this:

Its easy to attach and you could mount it permanently if you wanted.

claminator

GMC Savana / Chevrolet Express 2019/2020...6.0L V8 Gas ...Speedometer / Odometer Correction

Does anyone know of a company that can perform a correction to the Speedometer / Odometer for changes made in tire size from OEM 245/75/16 to 285/70/17 and 3.42 gear change to 4.10.

marret

I bought and used a Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator to correct my 2008 GMC Savana. Looking at the Hypertech website, it only shows the REACT for 2018 vans and nothing for 2019/2020. You might try contacting Hypertech.

Hypertech

claminator

I bought and used a Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator to correct my 2008 GMC Savana. Looking at the Hypertech website, it only shows the REACT for 2018 vans and nothing for 2019/2020. You might try contacting Hypertech.

Hypertech
Thank you! Late to the reply but I'll pass the info to the hubby.

upsidedown

Idea: single pole racks for the side of the van that match the profile of your stealth ladder. Attachments to the pole for attaching surfboards / paddle boards on the side of the van.

El_Viajero

Do you think this Titan fuel tank would be helpful on your van?

The fuel tank is pretty cool for all the reasons you mentioned. Would a larger tank fit on the Savana? I couldn't find a Savana Titan tank on either your website nor the Titan website. Is this the same tank they sell for the GMC 3500 trucks?

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
It's been way to long since we posted in this thread and we still have been adding to this build. At the same time we are ready for a new build and would love to get all of you here in the Portal involved. With that being said its going to be time to let someone new enjoy this van! If you have questions please ask....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94