EXPEDITIONPORTAL.COM CELEBRATES 10 YEARS OF ADVENTURE!

Scott Brady

Founder
Arctic_Ocean_sml.JPG

From humble beginnings in the summer of 2005, expeditionportal.com has grown to become the world’s largest and most-visited resource for overland travelers. In a typical month, expeditionportal.com is viewed by nearly 1 million visitors with over 4 million page views. The home page hosts more than 3,000 articles in six vertical categories. What started as a small community forum of a few hundred adventurers, has now grown to 115,000 4WD and adventure motorcycle enthusiasts from 192 countries. The forum participants have started 110,000 threads in 52 interest sections and contributed 1,744,000 posts on topics as diverse as camp cooking to crossing Antarctica.

Popular Threads:
Show us your Toyota 4Runner, Tacoma or truck: 3,663,000 views
Democratic Republic of Congo: Lubumbashi to Kinshasa: 3,335,000 views

Expeditionportal.com is a division of the Overland International, Inc. group, which also includes the premium print publication Overland Journal. When asked about the growth of Expedition Portal, Founder Scott Brady shares, “Expedition Portal is a collective, representing the adventures, projects, and insights of over 100,000 members. On the home page, our editorial team (led by Editor Christophe Noel) has produced nearly 4,000 unique adventure stories, gear reviews and news pieces. This repository of information is the largest of its type, and I believe this adds ongoing value to regular visitors and those searching the web for overland and adventure travel content.”

The expeditionportal.com forum officially started in July 2005 and was complimented in 2009 with daily editorial features on the home page. In June 2014, the home page was completely redesigned to better categorize the unique 4WD and adventure motorcycle content, and to provide a stronger visual canvas for the rich photography.

Thinking back on the last 10 years, Scott reflects on those who made the site possible. “Without question, ExPo is a success because of the members and moderators on the forum; their enthusiasm for adventure travel and vehicles is evident in every post. The growth of our home page is a reflection of Christophe’s experience and commitment, each day bringing more entertaining and informative editorial to our readers.”

Expedition Portal Home Page: expeditionportal.com

About Overland International, Inc.
Overland International, Inc. is the parent company for the Overland Journal magazine and the Expedition Portal website. As a media company, Overland International is the global authority on vehicle-based adventure travel, their team having 381 years of combined experience, including crossing all seven continents and visiting 144 countries by 4WD and adventure motorcycle. The company is a majority employee-owned business headquartered in Prescott, Arizona.

Scott Brady

Founder
I want to thank all of our members for making this milestone possible. We would never have lasted a decade without your participation and support.

I would also like to thank all of the moderators for their efforts. The moderators are nearly all volunteer and work hard to keep the forum family friendly and spam free.

Sincere appreciation to Dendy Jarrett, the site administrator and Chazz Lane, MIS. The home page editorial would not be possible without Christophe Noel and all of the fantastic contributors.

Thank you all, and here is to the next 10 years of ExPo! :friday:

As an additional thank you, we are giving 10% off all orders on store.overlandjournal.com with the coupon code: EXPO10YEAR

GHI

Adventurer
Yes sir. Keep up the great work. I'm glad you and your people took on this project so many years ago. I hope for many more years of success. I learn something new every day here. My vocabulary has even expanded. Chapeau to you and all the other contributors of this forum.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Congratulations! I love the portal and the magazine , you guys do great work. Thank you.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
This was one of the first test threads, started at the end of June 2005. The forum was only open to a few dozen people and I was working feverishly to figure VBulletin out.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/6-Expeditions-West-2004-Tacoma
It's been a while since I thanked you for the cool truck you built me. I loved that truck, and it was a great vehicle to follow during the Portal's early days:

P1010063v2.jpg

Sincere congratulations on the ten years of increasing success, and thanks to all of the long-time moderators and posters for making it all sustainable.

adam88

Explorer
hey, good work Scott and team. Thanks for having these forums and thanks for all the great articles you write.

taco2go

Explorer
Congratulations Scott! A unique legacy indeed.
All the best, and thank you, to past and present contributors.

A

agavelvr

Congrats to the team.
This site is great.
I've run a bunch of trails with a bunch of cool people I wouldn't have ordinarily met...
and harassed a few I probably never will :)
Thanks for the good times!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarCaveUSA