Expeditions 7: Two Years Around the World on all Seven Continents.

Stuartag

Always Ready
For me, there is a difference between liking a vehicle (Jeep Wrangler), respecting a vehicle (Land Cruiser) and loving a vehicle (Land Rover). I know it is goofy - maybe a few will identify with my eccentricities.

Perfect!...and in the correct order. Who knew that our opinion of vehicles was such an emotional thing? Rationality only plays a small part sometimes.

boozewz

Observer
Loving this trip report!

Now that you've driven cross country hows the mileage comparison between the VDJ and the HZJ?

toddz69

Explorer
I know it is goofy - maybe a few will identify with my eccentricities.

Well stated, Scott. And it's the loving of certain vehicles that leads us to irrational decisions and the accompanying large expenditures. I own vehicles that I like and I respect; I keep them maintained and running well. I also have vehicles I love - and that's when the "eccentric" moniker gets applied by friends....

Todd Z.

Scott Brady

Founder
Loving this trip report!

Now that you've driven cross country hows the mileage comparison between the VDJ and the HZJ?

The HZJ is doing great. I really like it with a turbo too (having driven normally aspirated examples).

Overall, the fuel economy is about 15% better than the VDJ.

Scott Brady

Founder
We successfully crossed the Vatnajokull glacier - a stunning place in the world.

598974_10151196649958275_596702017_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior