ExPo 100 Series Registry

Attom

1. Year, model, color, etc: 2000, LX470, Gold
2. Name of owner/screen name: Attom
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Is this your first? 2 months, 1st Cruiser
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 241XXX, 241XXX (have only driven it 10-15 miles)
5. Your favorite mods... If any: No real mods, just repairs so far... took 6 weeks to figure out why the immobilized wouldn't let it start (ecu was getting low voltage due to a bad fuse block). I nce we finally got it going we found the ahc was out, so we replaced the accumulators and fluid. Axle took the brunt of a minor accident, have a replacement on order. Looking at tires right now (recommendations gladly accepted, leaning towards Cooper Discoverer AT3's, they seem to have a good balance of price, treadlife, and performance, from what other people say). Removed running boards.
Hope to add a fridge, rrt, teardrop, and sliders.
6. How your 100 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: Will be my DD and tow vehicle on delivery days (I make concrete counters in a shop before I deliver and install them). My family loves any kind of outdoor adventure, this will probably replace our neglected Montero on a most of our trips.
Hope to break it in on a month long trip out west after my oldest graduates this spring.

stclair

Adventurer
1. Year, model, color, etc: 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser, Thunder Cloud Grey Metallic.
2. Name of owner/screen name: Stclair
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? About 4 days.
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 93K now, picking it up Friday for a 2000 mile trip back to Colorado(because why not?).
5. Your favorite mods... If any: Stock.
6. How your 100 is used... Wife needed an SUV, told me to get her one under $20K...well OK then. Will be used as her Real Estate type vehicle, with camping trips thrown in of course.
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated): Dealer pic until I pick it up.
8. Link to your build thread: Doubtful.

cruiser1.jpg

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
1. Year, model, color, etc: 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser, Thunder Cloud Grey Metallic.
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 93K now, picking it up Friday for a 2000 mile trip back to Colorado(because why not?).
6. How your 100 is used... Wife needed an SUV, told me to get her one under $20K...well OK then. Will be used as her Real Estate type vehicle, with camping trips thrown in of course.

View attachment 391024

Congrats on the new ride. Looks like a clean LC and with only 93,000 on it, you'll have it a while!

You best be putting some real tires on that thing before you hit the snow! Assuming it's still on the ground in GJ?

stclair

Adventurer
Congrats on the new ride. Looks like a clean LC and with only 93,000 on it, you'll have it a while!

You best be putting some real tires on that thing before you hit the snow! Assuming it's still on the ground in GJ?

Hah! Right around 70* here today, and near 80* this weekend. But I've learned that means nothing here in the Grand Valley, and we could easily get snow next week. Yes, to keep my wife happy, I'll not be doing too much to the Land Cruiser right away. We still have the same 2002 Tundra we took down to Darien, and it's a great trail rig(though it was hit last week by a drunk). I think for now, I'll just swap out the tires, and if she'll let me...remove the running boards. It sounds like a 285 AT will work well with stock suspension. Is this true? All tire brands are different when it comes to sizing/fit, so any in particular that work well with no rubbing? We have Cooper ST Maxx 285/75r16 on the Tundra, and love them, but I can't imagine those will work without an ^^^^upgrade on the Land Cruiser.

pookie

Observer
1. Year, model, color, etc: 2000, LC 100, white
2. Name of owner/screen name: Pookie
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Is this your first? 5 days, 1st LC & 1st Toyota
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 221,186, 221,899
5. Your favorite mods... If any: It came with a 2" OME lift, and 18" Tundra wheels with Nitto MTs
6. How your 100 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc. It will serve as my DD when the weather is bad, as I mostly ride a motorcycle on my commute. And it will be modded to take my family on trips into the woods. Lastly, it will serve to as the fishing/hunting mobile.
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated):
8. Link to your build thread: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/intro-and-build-w-pics.978997/

Attachments

• IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    560.1 KB · Views: 89

LXColorado

1. Year, model, color, etc: 2006 LX470, Black
2. Name of owner/screen name: LXColorado
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Is this your first? 1 year, first 100 (switched from LR3)
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 130k, 160k
5. Your favorite mods... If any: AHC removed for OME, Slee skids and sliders, ARB Drawers, Safari Snorkel
6. How your 100 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc. DD and Overland travel, with some wheeling thrown in
8. Link to your build thread: None yet!
IMG_5131.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg

stclair

Adventurer

View attachment 391024

Spent the last few days driving it from Orlando to Grand Junction, Colorado. Man...what a sweet ride. Had 93K and change, now a week later 96K and change. First drive in our Land Cruiser was a trouble free multi-state road trip....perfect way to start a relationship.

mr45

Observer
1. Year, model, color, etc: 05 lx470 oem blue
2. Name of owner/screen name: mike /mr45
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Is this your first? 1yr first
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 79k
5. Your favorite mods... If any:
6. How your 100 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: all
51715258386e0a24d1b2e7963d252df6.jpg
2d6a114e85988e065924f6fcf8e471c2.jpg
b40d45c4a8168679f5a25cbac0d80f4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Hah! Right around 70* here today, and near 80* this weekend. But I've learned that means nothing here in the Grand Valley, and we could easily get snow next week. Yes, to keep my wife happy, I'll not be doing too much to the Land Cruiser right away. We still have the same 2002 Tundra we took down to Darien, and it's a great trail rig(though it was hit last week by a drunk). I think for now, I'll just swap out the tires, and if she'll let me...remove the running boards. It sounds like a 285 AT will work well with stock suspension. Is this true? All tire brands are different when it comes to sizing/fit, so any in particular that work well with no rubbing? We have Cooper ST Maxx 285/75r16 on the Tundra, and love them, but I can't imagine those will work without an ^^^^upgrade on the Land Cruiser.

I have 285/75-16 BFG ATs on mine now, and when I bought it the po had just installed 305/70-16 Swamper IROKs. Those came off right away. I am running OME suspension and wheel spacers for the 285s. I actually plan to put the ST Maxxs on it in 285 fairly soon. I have them on my diesel and love them. With your stock height truck, I'd bet 265/75s would be a better bet? The suspension for these isn't super expensive though. Might be able to convince the aquistions committee with a little effort?

Has your timing belt been done? It's due at 90,000 although many have gone much longer. Mine is at 203,000 now and was fue at 180. It's booked in for thursday this week.

Last edited:

stclair

Adventurer
I have 285/75-26 BFG ATs on mine now, and when I bought it the po had just installed 305/70-16 Swamper IROKs. Those came off right away. I am running OME suspension and wheel spacers for the 285s. I actually plan to put the ST Maxxs on it in 285 fairly soon. I have them on my diesel and love them. With your stock height truck, I'd bet 265/75s would be a better bet? The suspension for these isn't super expensive though. Might be able to convince the aquistions committee with a little effort?

Has your timing belt been done? It's due at 90,000 although many have gone much longer. Mine is at 203,000 now and was fue at 180. It's booked in for thursday this week.

One of the things I was looking for while shopping...yep, timing belt done at 80K. Drove it from Florida to Colorado with zero issues, and just got it fully inspected by our local shop Friday. It's in better than expected condition. Not one spec of rust under there! I couldn't believe how clean it is. For now, Weathertech mats ordered, and looking at seat covers. I also see Slee offers a 1.5" OME leveling kit that would allow for a 1 size over stock upgrade on tires, and that may be a good compromise. Maybe Slee steps to replace those fancy factory running boards down the road.

tbelt.jpg

lotarp100

Low budget overland LX

2000 Lexus LX470, Black.
Ben Jamanai / LoTarp100
Purchased July 2016 - So we've been together almost a year.
Florida car, all Lexus dealer service records, no rust.
It's my first cruiser, I was a Cherokee XJ owner from 1998-2016.
Had about 180K on it when i bought it, just rolled over 205K. (25K in 8 months!!)
I've put BFG KO2's on it, removed AHC and replaced with LC Shocks, still need to do torsion bars but it's ok for now, baselined, replaced front diff after exploding it on first off-roading adventure (it's no cherokee!), CV's, all brakes, chassis lube, floor mats, interior LED's and new windshield.
Needs: Front hub bearings.
Wants: Sliders with steps (the lady needs something to get in!) ARB cooler, stereo, lift, front/rear bumpers, roof rack, dual battery setup, winch, recovery gear, and maybe a trailer for a ShiftPod tent.
Favorite mod? The plastic window visors! Vents Florida heat while parked and allows highway driving with windows down!
Overland Rig - Florida-> Burning Man (Black Rock Desert, Nevada) -> Yosemite -> Arizona - Florida, and 2X Florida -> Michigan - Florida.
Some of my favorite pics:
New Smyrna Beach, Florida:
lotarp100--3.jpg
lotarp100--2.jpg
Hauling a stage, yurt, and bikes to burning man and back to Florida via Yosemite, yes that's a futon on the roof. No we didn't sleep there, we managed to cram a queen size futon in the back with all rear seats removed. yes, we slept in there several times. Yes, the air conditioner in the rear blowing on your face in the desert is awesome.
IMG_1665-2.jpg
Tahoe -> Brigeport, CA (en route to hot springs)
Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 12.35.56 PM.jpg

Last edited:

kevine

1. Year, model, color, etc: 2000, LC 100, charcoal
2. Name of owner/screen name: kevine
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Is this your first? since 2015
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 210 and 216k
5. Your favorite mods... If any: Bought it stock with 18" chrome rims; I got six OEM 16" rims, 285/16/75 Duratracs, installed the 2.5" OME; fabricated my own roof rack, front/rear bumpers with swingouts, built my own drawer system, and installed aux fuse block, front light bar and rear light pods. Just finished my DIY road shower. Few electrical things I'd like to get done
6. How your 100 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc. DD when weather bad, otherwise, camping with kids and some overlanding
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated): IMG_7730.jpg

4Beast

Observer
1. Year, model, color, etc: 2005 LC, gold
2. Name of owner/screen name: Isaac/4Beast
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Is this your first? Owned since September. Bought it off of a buddy of mine already built up. 1st TLC, had a 4th gen V8 4runner previously.
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: bought with around 171k, now 178k?
5. Your favorite mods... If any: All of them. Love the fridge (Edgestar), the Bfg KO2s (275/70/18), the lift (2.5" OME with OME t-bars), the RTT (TJM Yulara), the CB (Midland 75-822 with 5' firestik), the bumpers (TJM Front, Slee rear), the attic rack (LandCruiserPhil), the dual battery, etc.
6. How your 100 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: I live in the city, so I usually don't have to drive during the week, so it's used on the weekends for fun. Sometimes snowboarding winter trips, camping/overlanding, mtn bike transport.
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated): IMG956258.jpg, IMG_20170514_222828_326.jpg,
8. Link to your build thread: None yet, mostly because I didn't do many of the mods.

Last edited:

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
1. Year, model, color, etc:
2000 LC, White

2. Name of owner/screen name:
Greenbean

3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Is this your first?
Owned under a year and it's my first LC.

4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage:
Purchased with 435K, at about 439K now.
Was a single owner corporate vehicle all its life. No accidents, no pets, no kids or grandkids however an unknown number of windshields though, lol...

5. Your favorite mods... If any:
My BFG tires, lol...

6. How your 100 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.:
DD and Adventure Vehicle

See below.

8. Link to your build thread:
None yet...

14346993ff911fe34107e65a611212da_zpsub47hwp4.jpg

b719befc990d1bb896ca0abe9af8c306_zpszl9m0f1i.jpg

de279297f5db54cec36ba937232d84d4_zpso9y9cfjw.jpg

Forum statistics