Expo 40 Series Registry

Jaime Angulo

Hi this is my Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 and here some of its characteristics
1. Year, model, color, etc: 1978, FJ40, Orange
2. Name of owner/screen name: Jaime Angulo
3. How long have you owned your 40 series? Is this your first? I owned this car for ten years. It wasn't my first land cruiser. But it really take me to many places
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 235.000 mileage
5. Your favorite mods... If any: I really like each model of land cruiser
6. How your 40 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: Trips, outdoor activities, overland, 4wd, etc.
7. 'Final thoughts, good or bad, pros or cons, about owning and driving a 40 series. It is a nice experience to drive and own one of this cars.

Here you are five of my favorities pictures:

IMG_7002.JPG
Here in Aguaro Guariquito National Park. Guárico State
IMG_7012.JPG
Imataca Mountain Range. Delta Amacuro State
IMG_7009.JPG
Las Lapas. Falcón State
IMG_7019.JPG
Ávila National Park. Caracas
IMG_7017.JPG
Paraíso Beach. Vargas State.

40-Overlander

Thanks, I'm projecting it'll be completely done within a year. It runs right now and my brother takes it up and down the street. We need gauges, tailgate, finish up running the AC lines, install the hood, restore the top, install the windshield/windows. We're pretty much on the final leg of the build. Just time consuming stuff that needs to be mapped out properly so it looks and functions perfectly.

Boucher

Never ending

1. Year, model, color, etc: 1971 FJ40, Orange
2. Name of owner/screen name: Boucher
3. How long have you owned your 40 series? long time Is this your first? 1st FJ40, Since late 1982.
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: ?
5. Your favorite mods... If any: All the Mods... Chevy 350 , on board air and shower
6. How your 40 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: Trips, outdoor activities, overland, 4wd, etc.
7. 'Final thoughts, good or bad, pros or cons, about owning and driving a 40 series.

Attachments

• IMG_2971.jpg
    IMG_2971.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Photo Feb 26, 7 32 36 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 26, 7 32 36 PM.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2261.jpg
    IMG_2261.jpg
    558.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

superbuickguy

Explorer
started like this

after a year - looks like this

It should be at the NW Overland Rally this year.... crossing fingers.

Details
1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
350 chevy, Vortec head
TBI fuel injection
Painless water-proof wiring harness
5 speed transmission (AR5) - Aisin/Warner 5 speed that's an upgrade to the AX15 you find in Jeeps.
Dana 300 t-case, with novak 32 spline output
Custom (meaning I built it) adapter to t-case
transfer case brake by me as well
Tom Woods driveshafts
Dana 60 rear, 4.56 gears, loc-rite locker
Dana 44 HP front, pumpkin moved to the passenger side 4.56 gear, loc-rite
Disk brakes front/rear
3 link front suspension with King 14" coil-overs
4 link rear suspension with King 10" shocks and 4" JK Jeep coil springs
Dakota digital replacement dash
suspension seats
cage and fenders hybrid from Metaltech
LED lighting
dual batteries in the back
10k X20 wireless winch
fully boxed frame
everything was sandblasted, then painted and/or lined

and absolutely everything but setting up the gears done by me. I started on it August 2014 (when I traded a road bicycle for it) and drove it the first time last month.
It goes by the name shipwreck on Ih8mud.com if you're interested in seeing the details of the build.

Last edited:

40-Overlander

1. Year, model, color, etc: 1969 FJ40, Satin Desert Sand
2. Name of owner/screen name: 40Overlander
3. How long have you owned your 40 series? Is this your first? 1st FJ40, Since late 2013.
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: ? Everything is new or rebuilt so not sure if it's relevant.
5. Your favorite mods... If any: All the Mods
7. 'Final thoughts, good or bad, pros or cons, about owning and driving a 40 series. 3yr restomod project. V8 Vortec, NV4500, custom dash, AC, pwr steering, disc brakes, restored. I have a few other posts here while my brother was restoring/modifying/fabricating the FJ40.

Here is the most recent picture:
thumb_IMG_1680_1024.jpg

LiveWire64

1. Year, model, color, etc: 1966 FJ40. Originally Toyota beige.Was painted with custom mixed straight yellow toner. Multi-colored now.
2. Name of owner/screen name: Brad/LiveWire64
3. How long have you owned your 40 series? Is this your first? 29 years. This is my 2nd FJ40.
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: No idea,but has had 3 different v8 engines in it.
5. Your favorite mods... If any: All of them but love the v8 auto trans & my custom onboard air system.
6. How your 40 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.:Was my DD for 5 years. Also drove it all over Calif & Nevada to the trails we wheeled. Used for camping. Love rock crawling.
7. 'Final thoughts, good or bad, pros or cons, about owning and driving a 40 series. Nothing bad to say about it. Love my LC. Best 4x4 there is in my opinion.
8. Link to your build thread:
9. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated): lc.jpglc1.jpglc2.jpg

superbuickguy

Explorer
Nice, whose rear corners?

I honestly don't remember - nothing about the '40 hasn't been massaged, so even if I could remember I'd caution that I did work to make it look it does now - do remember they were shiney.... An example - the flares are TJ that I shortened one end (the back) and cut out the radius backing plate.

crimsonaudio

Still tweaking and driving...

Day I brought it home:
1972_fj40.JPG

Now:
050717_parked.jpg

Still have the hard top, just have it stored for the summer. Will soon add an OEM-like FST.

Adventure-Yeti

Hello everyone,

1. 1967, FJ40, Capri Blue, 327SBC with SM420 Trans. 33" BFG K02, 2.5 OME Lift, Saginaw Power Steering, Disc Brakes.
2. Matthew, Adventure-Yeti
3. Just purchased her last Friday! My First FJ
4. 54,500 Miles
5. 33" BFG K02 Tires, 2.5 OME Lift, Disc Brakes, Power Steering/Brakes, 327 SBC
6. Plan on taking her out on family outings, camping and exploring soon
7. Cons = That I can't drive her everyday! I absolutely love driving this truck. Even though I have a brand new TRD Pro 4runner haha.
8. Coming soon.
9. See some pics below, thank you for looking!

FJ1.jpg FJ2.jpg FJ3.jpg

Cheers-
Matt

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarCaveUSA