ExPo Dual Sport Rendezvous

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I would like to propose the first annual ExPo Dual Sport Rendezvous.

Time, date, and place TBD

What say you?

:roost: :roost: :roost: :roost: :roost: :roost: :roost::roost: :roost:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Depends when and where. I suggest the desert...late fall.

Tucson would be good....there's a trail or two (or 50) around which would be suitable for such a thing....and, since I am taking off most of July to run the Trans American trail with Scott....it would allow me to attend without taking any more vacation (that I don't have).

:roost:

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Sounds good to me!

Where? See post #4 on your build thread. I can think of 10 more places in SoCal and 50+ locations West of the Rockies that would work perfectly. :sombrero:

I'm headed North to Canada on the GS for a few weeks so I won't be available 'til late July.

:lurk:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Gonzaga Bay, Baja Norte....:D

I'd be down for a meet up...likely after October....

-H-

Icewalker

Adventurer
Does it have to be on the West Coast? I'll be doing the CroMag campout in Maine with the AdvRider folks. I could maybe swing another gathering this year. :roost:

But I'm also supposed to be heading out to Newfoundland this winter with the Landy so not sure I can get ground clearance if it is that far away.

Scott Brady

Founder
Sounds like fun to me :)

We could do the Senator Highway and Crown King in AZ. High elevation and an easy ride to get here for everyone in the Southwest.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
Sounds like fun to me :)

We could do the Senator Highway and Crown King in AZ. High elevation and an easy ride to get here for everyone in the Southwest.
Hey Scott - just food for thought - this time of year the road between crown king and prescott is a total dust bowl. I did that ride in July of '05 on my XR650 with four guys and we arrived in Crown King hacking like we all had TB.

wesel123

Explorer
How 'bout a little more local. Like say Big Bear???? Great twisties up the back side (Hwy 38). A ton of Fire roads and some off shoot trailes a little hairyer than others. And it could all be done in a Day.

TacoDoc I have the same bike you do. If you want some help or advice on installing goodies let me know.

I have Caribou cases, tank panniers, HT Crash bars, fork Brace, Rox bar risers, Corbin Seat....heck I cant remember any more i get some pics up in the next few days.

LETS RIDE BOYS!!!!!!:jump:

wesel123

Explorer
Boston Mangler said:
I agree! Somewhere we can camp @ and truck the bikes to if need be.

Whats the weather like there in the summer?

Looking forward to it!

Pretty good actually. Mid 80's to low 90's at the height of summer heat, but it drops down to 50's at night, sometimes to the 40's. Lots of backcountry campgrounds in Holcom Valley, or Pine Knot at the Base of Snow Summit is a cool campground to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne