Exposed storage for...

NevetsG

I have a number of items like leveling blocks, chocks, tools, and containers that will get dirty, and don't need to be stowed in an enclosed storage space. I'm brainstorming on a simple solution to attach these to my Neon camper, and thought you guys might have some ideas, or solutions.

#1 on my list is using black plastic milk crates (with some modifications).

Last edited:

dreadlocks

x2 for Milk Crates, if you want to make a lid for one you can cut the bottom off another and secure it with zip ties like a hinge

jeegro

Adventurer
Milk crates are great. Cheap, light. I use regular 12x12 ones, and the 12x20 wider ones. I have the wider ones sitting vertically, and I took a piece of 1/4" starboard (HDPE) and made a shelf with angle brackets. small bungee net to secure stuff inside.

NevetsG

Aluminum tool box with drain holes? Harbor Feight or Home Depot?

I've thought about this, and, for me, it is overkill, not cost effective, and contrary. Wouldn't want to take an enclosure and make it exposed. BUT, for some reason, your post triggered an idea. A bar speed rail might work, but most are more expensive than a toolbox, and they might be too small.

NevetsG

Milk crates are great. Cheap, light. I use regular 12x12 ones, and the 12x20 wider ones. I have the wider ones sitting vertically, and I took a piece of 1/4" starboard (HDPE) and made a shelf with angle brackets. small bungee net to secure stuff inside.

Got pictures?

s.e.charles

x2 for Milk Crates, if you want to make a lid for one you can cut the bottom off another and secure it with zip ties like a hinge
and maybe connect them together depending on location (in the vehicle). carabiners or coarse thread bolts w/ washers & wingnuts?

krick3tt

Adventurer
collapsable boxes from Camping World or Amazon, especially great for firewood so they fold flat when empty. They look like the boxes in the grocery that eggs cartons come in.

or the collapsible milk crates https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKRHRJ...&pd_rd_r=6f9c0a0b-66bd-11e9-afd4-2da01f345a74

Last edited:

NevetsG

Here are the cheap solutions I came up with:

I used a bicycle saddle basket and mounted it to the top of my ammo can storage, then used and old cargo net mounted on the spare tire for the wheel chocks.

rayra

Expedition Leader
I say boo on the Clampett wagon look.

iu

Harbor Freight has a Pelican brand knockoff suite of plastic cases in several sizes. Also lockable.

And since it's a trailer, now about a trailer tongue storage box?

61602_W3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles