Extended Express Full Length Nerf Bar Side Step

Len.Barron

Observer
I'm looking at options for side steps. I want full length. I'm not interested in "rock sliders" just a good looking nerf bar drop step that will fill the entire 118" span.
I have seen that Aluminess makes some but have read mixed reviews on fitment but like the low weight feature of aluminum. Anyone have experience with a particular application/brand? I don't mind making some mods but would rather not reinvent the wheel on this.

bbbthreat

Luverne makes a stainless nerf bar, but she is pricey. Pushing almost $900.
https://www.autoanything.com/nerf-bars/luverne-megastep-nerf-boards
Cheaper than Aluminess. One thing I did like about the Luverne steps was their mounts. Rather than attach to the pinch weld or body sheet metal like most running boards (including Aluminess), they used heavy brackets that bolt on to the body mounts. Certainly look like they would handle abuse better.

I went the rock slider route only because I have a RB wheelbase, and I could do a DIY kit cheaper than any running board or nerf bar kit on the market. But I was waffling between the Aluminess and the Luverne kits. I think I would lean towards Luverne only because I saw the Aluminess on a cargo Express in person and came away underwhelmed. Did not like the look of it as much as I thought I would; not worth coughing up $1k imo.

Len.Barron

Observer
I hadn't seen the Luverne...thanks for the lead on that, I'll check them out. I did find that CARiD has the Aluminess steps for less than $800 which is a helluva lot less than on their own site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94