extrusions

Hello,

I'm getting ready to build cabinets in my truck camper. I am looking at aluminum T-Slot extrusions akin to the 80/80. I have found 1", 1 1/2", 20mm and 30mm sizes and am wondering what other are using for their builds.

Thanks in advance!,
John

plh

Explorer
I bought several sticks of 2020 and fittings that I am planning to build mine with. Seams a lot less expensive than 10 series 8020.

Thanks for the reply plh! Do think the deflection and strength over 72" is good for a bunk that needs to support 200lbs of old man? I will have 3 - 4 vertical supports over the span.

plh

Explorer
Thanks for the reply plh! Do think the deflection and strength over 72" is good for a bunk that needs to support 200lbs of old man? I will have 3 - 4 vertical supports over the span.

2020 might be a little small. I'm using 8020 series 10 across a 48" unsupported span on 12" centers to support my mattress (2 adults max). The website 8020.net has the deflection calculations for all of their profiles, so you could do the engineering. As a note, I'm strictly using generic branded 2020 for cabinets and seating, it is kinda small sections for doing a bed support maybe :-\

Hello,

I'm getting ready to build cabinets in my truck camper. I am looking at aluminum T-Slot extrusions akin to the 80/80. I have found 1", 1 1/2", 20mm and 30mm sizes and am wondering what other are using for their builds.

Thanks in advance!,
John

I ended up building my platforms out of 30 series. It seemed like the best deal at the time as it worked out to a little less than $0.20/inch. I bought it online from a company called Zyltech. Them and Tnutz seem to be the cheapest. You're welcome to check out my Drifter build assuming you're in Colorado.

2020 might be a little small. I'm using 8020 series 10 across a 48" unsupported span on 12" centers to support my mattress (2 adults max). The website 8020.net has the deflection calculations for all of their profiles, so you could do the engineering. As a note, I'm strictly using generic branded 2020 for cabinets and seating, it is kinda small sections for doing a bed support maybe :-\

I agree. I think I will go with series 10. Thanks for the advise!

Thanks Alldownhill... I'm in Co. Springs. Zyltek seem really limited on the 30mm hardware and they didn't have enough stock for my build as of this morning. Bummer...there have good prices and free shipping possibilities. Maybe we will run into one another on the trails.

plh

Explorer
I ended up building my platforms out of 30 series. It seemed like the best deal at the time as it worked out to a little less than $0.20/inch. I bought it online from a company called Zyltech. Them and Tnutz seem to be the cheapest. You're welcome to check out my Drifter build assuming you're in Colorado.

I also used Zyltech and Tnutz for the 2020. Best pricing I could find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles