F-150 Diesel

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
If I remember correctly to have a "fleet number" you have to have like 10 or 12 vehicles registered in your name. They had a deal a while back on fleet stuff and the dealer couldn't get me in on it, I had around 7 trucks at the time.

RPhil

Adventurer
Sorry dude we will have to agree to disagree. If you want the Ford diesel the consumer is forced to buy an upper trim model. Sorry you don't like that word. There are no other options.

Simply pointing that a few of us actually use and abuse our trucks. And have no need for candied asses nancy boy urban cowboy interiors. Makes no sense to offer a workhorse engine in the non-work trim levels.

Not complaining, that is truth sprinkle with sarcasm! Which seems to fly over your head. Swear you have the sense of humor of a dead carp. You're too gawd damn serious. **** man go camping or something. Nobody may care what I do, but at least I am getting out and doing something! :)

Why are you even arguing about Fords anyways? You have said time and time again that you don't like them. For someone who dislikes the brand you sure do like to defend them for some odd reason. At least I like the company and have owned Fords in the past. 8 of them if you're counting.

You are a broken record in every thread regarding newer vehicles. We get it, you don't want to pay for these newer vehicles and you wish they were all cheaper with no creature-comfort options offered with whatever powertrain configuration you wanted with minimal electronics.

Back on topic- it is good to see Ford bringing some new technology to the table. I am interested to see real-world numbers and feedback.

Clutch

<---Pass
If I remember correctly to have a "fleet number" you have to have like 10 or 12 vehicles registered in your name. They had a deal a while back on fleet stuff and the dealer couldn't get me in on it, I had around 7 trucks at the time.

We could of done it when we owned our swimming pool/wood burning stove business. But that has been long been sold.

Had 10 vehicles IIRC not including the earth moving equipment.

You are a broken record in every thread regarding newer vehicles. We get it, you don't want to pay for these newer vehicles and you wish they were all cheaper with no creature-comfort options offered with whatever powertrain configuration you wanted with minimal electronics.

Most everyone is a broken record on here. Just about every topic has been beaten to death on here by the same inmates over and over.

Wanna talk about payloads...or c-channel vs boxed frames, or what suspension is best for a Tacoma? Or best yet...how about Global Warming! There are a plethera of the same threads again and again. Face it majority of people are creatures of habit.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
We could of done it when we owned our swimming pool/wood burning stove business. But that has been long been sold.

Had 10 vehicles IIRC not including the earth moving equipment.

Most everyone is a broken record on here. Just about every topic has been beaten to death on here by the same inmates over and over.

Wanna talk about payloads...or c-channel vs boxed frames, or what suspension is best for a Tacoma? Or best yet...how about Global Warming! There are a plethera of the same threads again and again. Face it majority of people are creatures of habit.
C-channel vs. boxed frames is the funniest one. I think some would fight over that one lol.

Clutch

<---Pass
Okay, you're entitled to your version of the "truth."

Have fun riding your bike.
We all view the world differently!

Hell yeah love riding the scooter! Took me 7 hours to get to this spot on Monday. Had to cut 70+ blow downs to get there. (cut 23 the day before on another trail) Fought me all the way to the end. But man, the view was worth it! So what did you do this past weekend? Tell the group a little about yourself. :)391622B1-3A7B-4FFC-80C6-7B8F64002A77.jpeg

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
I kn
C-channel vs. boxed frames is the funniest one. I think some would fight over that one lol.

I know! Fricken hilarious! I couldn’t decide on which is better, so I bought a Taco that has both! ;)

It isn’t like I am the only nutter in here. At least I admit I am nuts!

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable

Hell yeah love riding the scooter! Took me 7 hours to get to this spot on Monday. Had to cut 70+ blow downs to get there. Fought me all the way to the end. But man, the view was worth it! So what did you do this past weekend? Tell the group a little about yourself. :)View attachment 455697

Weekend plans... I think I made 3 trips to Home Depot and Lowes Saturday. I have been gone every weekend for 2 months, time to catch up on chores.

Clutch

<---Pass

Weekend plans... I think I made 3 trips to Home Depot and Lowes Saturday. I have been gone every weekend for 2 months, time to catch up on chores.

Pretty much the same here. I have been trying to get as much riding in as possible...as the much better half leaves for Thailand beginning of July for 3 weeks. So I am basically grounded at the house taking care of the critters and catching up on chores.

Speaking of Home Depot and Lowes. Rolled back into town yesterday (Saw an Earth Cruiser in Ketchum, but not quick enough with the camera)....anyways...rolled back into town, to discover the blower for the AC/Furnace is acting fussy. Pretty sure it is from the 60's...amazing it lasted this long. But that is when they built stuff to last. So it is either start throwing parts at it...or put a new one in. Even though it pains me to do a new one (you know how I am) decided to do a new one. So that is what I doing this weekend...shoots the riding plans to Hell. Oh well! Onward and upward!

Dalko43

Explorer

Yep, but when you consistently parade your views and off-topic pictures on these threads, people get a little sick of it.

The thread is about the diesel F-150. If you don't like and don't want to buy it, say so and move on so that other people can discuss the original topic.

LR Max

Local Oaf
The ford F-150 is a darn good truck. Overall I'm fairly impressed and I pretty much only deal with/ride in fleet models.

The issue here is when that diesel engine is out of warranty. The fuel system alone will cost $$$$ to fix when it breaks. Bad fuel can quickly kill these systems which is one bad fuel tank away. Additives can help mitigate these but now you are talking about adding something else. DEF isn't too much of a problem until it breaks.

Overall unless you permanently have a toolbox + crane on the back (which you are driving a F-450) or you are always towing a trailer (which you are driving a 3/4 or 1 ton) then its not needed. For occasional duty, the 5.0 is a fantastic engine that returns respectable numbers when unloaded. Its simplicity makes up that mpg gap the first time you have to put a turbo on something.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Yep, but when you consistently parade your views and off-topic pictures on these threads, people get a little sick of it.

The thread is about the diesel F-150. If you don't like and don't want to buy it, say so and move on so that other people can discuss the original topic.
Not taking sides, but I do enjoy his pics.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I don't know where the luxury packages got all of the fan fare. Americans going into debt too often? Or just keeping up with the Jones's?

The XL's are just leather and a power seat frame, away from being a Lariat from just a few years ago. I really don't like paying $20,000 extra for fake leather that'll be ruined in a few years, broken cameras, leaky moonroofs, more fracking plastic badges, and a soft daddy looking paint scheme. I'll pay extra for lockers, and 4wd.

The Lariats, Limiteds, KR's all kinda stink. Look where 90% of your warranty problems are.

I swear, if Ford offered a $10,000 sticker package with different seat covers, people would line up for it. The XL seats are actually more comfortable than the high end seats (no piping to vacuum your butt cold, or glut massagers, just foam), you can still add Katskin's leather if you want to.

And those packages only return more when you sell the truck, if all of the bling bling, and electronics, still works. Best example is the high end Excursions and Suburbans of old. Broken everything, and wrinkled torn leather drives the price of those way down cheap. For weekend warrior stuff, XL and XLT is the way to go.

Everyone keeps calling them $80,000 trucks. If you remove all of the useless add-ons that we have never needed before, they're only $38,000.

Clutch

<---Pass

Ohhh...what thread stays on topic!? And why did you even start it if you don't even like Fords? You have yet to answer that. You even stated in other threads you wouldn't buy a Ford.
Why even discuss a product if you don't even like it? Seems like the pot calling the kettle black. Hell at least I have a good excuse...I unlike you, like Fords...might even give the diesel a chance if they didn't put in the bedazzled edition.

We all come in here to ****************...if it was only about talking at the data...this forum would die. I am sure there are engineering forums out there that only discuss data points...and they must be a real drag. Perhaps you should seek those out. Because it seems that is all you care about.

This forum is about exploring the outdoors and glorified car camping. And that is what I do. Do you!? Or do you just sit around and talk about payloads and axle ratings on vehicles that you'll never buy or use. I mean do you even go outside? We have no clue because you never talk about it. Take @DaveInDenver for example...he is one of those data point guys...to almost a savant extent when in comes to Toyotas, dude is a Toyota guru, gives great advance, and I respect the guy....but also he ******** chats a bit, so I know he actually goes outside, mountain bikes, telemark skis (of course!) He actually seems human.

Not taking sides, but I do enjoy his pics.

Camp spot from over the weekend. Bob Ross told me about it...see the happy little tree over to the right? :)

35481273_10156506425264630_5812937802173644800_n.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
I don't know where the luxury packages got all of the fan fare. Americans going into debt too often? Or just keeping up with the Jones's?

The XL's are just leather and a power seat frame, away from being a Lariat from just a few years ago. I really don't like paying $20,000 extra for fake leather that'll be ruined in a few years, broken cameras, leaky moonroofs, more fracking plastic badges, and a soft daddy looking paint scheme. I'll pay extra for lockers, and 4wd.

The Lariats, Limiteds, KR's all kinda stink. Look where 90% of your warranty problems are.

I swear, if Ford offered a $10,000 sticker package with different seat covers, people would line up for it. The XL seats are actually more comfortable than the high end seats (no piping to vacuum your butt cold, or glut massagers, just foam), you can still add Katskin's leather if you want to.

And those packages only return more when you sell the truck, if all of the bling bling, and electronics, still works. Best example is the high end Excursions and Suburbans of old. Broken everything, and wrinkled torn leather drives the price of those way down cheap. For weekend warrior stuff, XL and XLT is the way to go.

Everyone keeps calling them $80,000 trucks. If you remove all of the useless add-ons that we have never needed before, they're only $38,000.

Ya see @Dalko43, Buliwyf gets it...maybe because he rides dirt bikes too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz