F-350 360 degree camera system question (custom ordered 2020)

LosAngeles

F-350 360 degree camera system question (custom ordered 2020)

I’m about to custom order a 2020 Lariat F350 - crew cab, 8’ bed.

We will *never* tow. We hate towing. We also keep our vehicles for a really long time, so resale isn’t really an issue.
There will always be a 9.5’ pop up truck camper in the bed. Tailgate will be permanently removed. Camper will hang out 18” approx.

So do I want to spend the $$$ to get the 360 camera system?

How useful is it?
Or will just using my mirrors + a backup camera be enough?
I’ll be driving alone quite a bit, so without a person who could hop out and be a spotter.

I am on the fence about adding the $710 ULTIMATE TRAILER TOW CAMERA SYSTEM to get the 360 degree camera system.

I have a couple of options:

OPTION A) (works only as a backup camera)

I could get a “tailgate” relocate external camera, and mount it low down on the rear of the camper, and plug it into the plug where the tailgate camera was plugged. No soldering. Here is an example camera. NOTE - this camera is NOT compatible with 360 camera system.

OPTION B) is to get the $710 ULTIMATE TRAILER TOW CAMERA SYSTEM to get the 360 degree camera system….
then add the $415 Camera Source (ROSTRA)
“2017+ Super Duty W/ 360 View-Relocation Kit -Camera Included” (plug and play)

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Jspeers89

I have the 360 camera on a Ford raptor. I will never own another vehicle without it. It gives you blind spot turning radius for front camera and distant detection so that you know if you are clear on a turn so that you do not have to 3 point turn. It's worth every penny.

mrfoamy

Mrfoamy
You don't need the $415 Camera Source (ROSTRA). the ULTIMATE TRAILER TOW CAMERA SYSTEM comes with a camera. I got one with my 2019 but have not mounted it yet. Downside...it has about 30 feet of harness to extend to the back of a trailer.

LosAngeles

I have the 360 camera on a Ford raptor. I will never own another vehicle without it. It gives you blind spot turning radius for front camera and distant detection so that you know if you are clear on a turn so that you do not have to 3 point turn. It's worth every penny.

Hey Jspeers89

Pardon my ignorance - so does it mean that you can turn it on when in FWD? Meaning if you are doing a front moving turn (say, in a parking lot) you can somehow turn on the 360 cameras ... while moving forward, and see if your 'nose' is clear of the turn.... avoiding the thing you are moving past? (Like another parked car) ?

edit - so according to this video - i can use the forward video cams in speeds up to 6 MPH, so i guess it would be helpful in a parking lot, etc, correct?

thanks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94