Falken Wildpeak AT3W Long Term?

GoinBoardin

Observer
I've had a set in 235/85R16 for just under 2 years and about 25k miles. They're at 50% tread depth left. This is on a pickup that weighs about 6500lbs most of the time, with occasional runs close to 7k or as light as 5k. On road I run 40-50psi, off road 18-22psi. I usually aim to cruise highways at 70mph, but frequently more like 80mph. The rear axle is locked, and the front end is a Ford ttb, both tend to accelerate tire wear. They're great tires. I've been pretty rough on them off road, and very minimal tread damage with no side wall issues. They're not great in mud, but everywhere else I'm more than happy.

GreggNY

Been considering these for a power wagon so thanks for the review. Have you had them in snow/ice conditions? Thoughts?

GoinBoardin

Observer
Been considering these for a power wagon so thanks for the review. Have you had them in snow/ice conditions? Thoughts?
Yeah they're great on snow and ice. My truck serves as a powder chaser in winter (Wyoming based), so I usually am seeking out the days when roads are barely open. Extensive full depth siping gives them plenty of biting edges. I've never run true winter tires but these are solid in my opinion. The braking traction is what impressed me most, arguably the most important aspect on ice. I haven't run a ton of deep snow, but when I have they're fine as long as pressure isn't too high.

Bikemobile

Adventurer
I put the P-Rated Falken Wildpeaks on in stock size. 275/55-20.

Amazing on ice and snow so far this winter. Quiet on the road. Not much off roading yet.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Unnecessary addition of weight and possibly harsh ride. I’m already not jazzed about the 20’s so maintaining an acceptable ride is important.

For example: p-rated XL 275/55-20 Falken Wildpeak AT3W 117T max load is 154 pounds more per tire than General Grabber LT275/55-20. The Falken weighs 8 pounds less per tire.

The additional capacity is good peace of mind and the weight savings is nice.

My experience with General tires has been great in the past. Falken all terrain tires have been junk in the past until the AT3W came out and now it seems like a miracle tire by all the glowing reviews.
Chuck the 20's,get some 17/18" rims and put some LT's on that truck. Better ride and way cheaper.

Bikemobile

Adventurer
These tires do not disappoint. I can drive these in 2 wheel drive through snow conditions where I needed 4x4 with my duratracs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles