Falkin Wildpeak AT3/W vs Mickey Thompson Baja ATZP3 va Cooper Discoverer A/TW

WMDunkin

Adventurer
I am looking to replace my BFG Mud Terrain KMs (255/75/17) to a 285/70/17 tire probably by fall/winter timeframe. Anyone have experience with the following tires?

I am looking for kind of a middle ground AT tire with some winter/mud because that is what I have here. But I am tired of the full on mud tire hum and ride etc.

Falkin Wildpeak AT3/W
1wildpeak-at3w-3-quarter.jpg

Mickey Thompson Baja ATZP3
baja_atz_p3.jpg

Cooper Discoverer A/TW
DiscovererATW.png

Hnoroian

Observer
At3w
image.jpg
but I'm kinda partial to them, they have done well with everything I have thrown at them so far and have yet to be disappointed.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
At3w
View attachment 388684
but I'm kinda partial to them, they have done well with everything I have thrown at them so far and have yet to be disappointed.

anymore pictures of them?

Happy with my WildPeak AT3W's as well. Haven't really had them in mud yet, though.

how many miles do you guys have on them? I have had some odd ware patterns on my BFGs. Not sure if it is from towing or a bad batch. They have smoothed out but were "lumpy" for a while.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
anymore pictures of them?
Here are mine:
tires and wheels_zpsoozn7hsp.jpg

how many miles do you guys have on them? I have had some odd ware patterns on my BFGs. Not sure if it is from towing or a bad batch. They have smoothed out but were "lumpy" for a while.

I'm at probably ~3000+ miles, including a long trip to AZ and back over Thanksgiving weekend. No issues and nothing but good things to say about them.

Hnoroian

Observer
I'm about 2500 miles also. So far they are quiet and smooth. Held up well in sand, snow, mud and slush, going places as well or better than I had previously. I don't think you can go bad with any of the tires available... if you treat them like you should any tool (proper air, rotation, balance, etc)
image.jpg
image.jpg

bahncamperworks

Supporting Sponsor: Bahn Camper Works
Just put a set on the wild peaks on my 3500. They ride nice and were the middle ground between the cooper stt Maxx and the at3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

HotNotch

Have the AT3W on my 'Yota. Quiet, rides nice, lots of grip in wet rain and snow, work well off road in loamy dirt. Worked ok in clay mud, they cleared out pretty good. I've got about 5k on mine and rotated them once and they are still whisper quiet.

leelikesbikes

Adventurer
I have St Maxx on my ram 2500 and the falken at3w on my Tahoe, very impressed with the falken, they work much better in snow and ice, but lack the 3 ply sidewalls. I think the falken are a great tire for DD and forest service road type duty, I'll probably put a set on the Dodge when the St Maxx wear out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior