Farewall Land Cruiser?

T-Willy

I bought a 2019 Expedition last week. Its far more luxury and unwanted bling than I wanted but its a nice rig. Its it a trail rig? Hell no. It can tow a trail rig. Lol
Congrats. They are really nice.

For purposes of extended remote dirt touring, there aren't many wagons that match the Land Cruiser's durability, reliability and capability. If they discontinue delivery of the 200 to the U.S. it'll leave a big gap, in my opinion. Ward, in the video above, offers some useful thinking on possible solutions.

Explorerinil

Observer
I bought a 2019 Expedition last week. Its far more luxury and unwanted bling than I wanted but its a nice rig. Its it a trail rig? Hell no. It can tow a trail rig. Lol
Land cruiser will be on the road allot longer than that ford, heck that expedition will be dust and the land cruiser will still be running and sought after.

musthave

As the future gets closer I'd suspect that they'll be taking our vehicles off the roads. Either by EPA regulations or insurance costs, etc. They will find a way for us to move to the latest bio-diesel or battery powered mini car. Meantime, I'm driving my 80 and enjoying it every day I can. Hopefully the future doesn't come too soon.

zimm

Expedition Leader
its a nameplate. all other aspects being the same, if toyota had a policy of a new name for every ground up new chassis, would you even care? if not, then why care now? If they slapped Bucket-o-**** on the side, the 200 would still be a pig. if they put LandCruiser on a highlander, would it make it an offroader?

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Who cares ? It's just another fluffy, bloated, plastic ,suv. The fact that they only sell 3,000 a year tells you it's no big deal. 99.9% of the owners aren't going "expeditioning" If you really want to save it, tell 50,000 of your friends to start buying them.
That’s avg sales numbers since they started importing them.

UHAULER

Explorer
That’s quite the statement coming from a 2003 F150 driver.
I still don't get all the concern over this. If you are in the market for a high end luxury suv, there are plenty of others to chose from.
As far as the 03 f150, It has 275,000 miles and is a beater. I could pay cash for a new truck right now but I don't really need a better truck yet. Driving old junk has allowed me to retire 3 years ago at 50 and am now able to ride sweet single track on my motorcycle, from my house anytime I want. I really value my freedom and doing what I want.😀

Riptide

Explorer
As far as the 03 f150, It has 275,000 miles and is a beater. I could pay cash for a new truck right now but I don't really need a better truck yet. Driving old junk has allowed me to retire 3 years ago at 50 and am now able to ride sweet single track on my motorcycle, from my house anytime I want. I really value my freedom and doing what I want.😀
BOOM! Uhauler for the win. Good on ya, mate!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Well, I was gonna say that if you can't retire at 50 like Uhauler did, then he still won. On the other hand, your Airstream trailer restorations are absolutely amazing, so maybe you're doing exactly what you want anyway.

Looks like a tie to me, mates!
Thanks Rip! The Airstreams were going to be my retirement gig, but rolled into my full time thing at age 49. I’d say we are tied for sure. You gotta keep busy somehow, right?

ricardo

Observer
I still remember reading a interview with the beatles and when they ask them why they where breaking up, the answer was brilliant..

" Is better to do it when you are at the top"

personally after they Lc100 they stop counting for me, specially if the have the new Shark tooth Lexus front facia