Ferno Stat track mounts (Ambulance)

rossiter78

Observer
Does anyone else have the mounting blocks for Ferno stat tracks?
1523371536149.png

These mounting blocks look super solid - that have 2 metal plates sandwiched together with 4 bolts. It would be cool to find a way to reuse them, like invent something that has a fastener post like what is seen in that pic. I'm thinking it could be something that supports a removable table, a tie down anchor point, etc.

Thoughts?

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
I used them with eye bolts to haul a motorcycle a few hundred miles one time. It was one of those too good to resist deals.

rossiter78

Observer
I used them with eye bolts to haul a motorcycle a few hundred miles one time. It was one of those too good to resist deals.

Ah! Tell me more. Was the circle piece wedged in, or did you bolt into the base plate and hooked straps to the circular piece of the i bolt?

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Thin nut on the bottom slid into the slot. Washer and a locknut on top and shortened the eye bolt so there was not as much leverage.

I just ran the locknut up along the thread then put a fender washer on with the thin nut at the very end of the eye bolt. Slide the thin nut into the slot, hold the eye bolt from turning and tighten the locknut down onto the floor/mount so nothing can move.

It was relying on the 3 or 4 threads of the thin nut which isn’t the most practical way of doing things.

You could probably use a carriage bolt and have a coupling nut on the top and bolt in whatever you like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior