FG Build Tire Size,,

Samer Shinaco

Has no one tried going 20"rim with mpt81 tyres? They come in 275/80r20 (37") and 335/80 r20 (40"). How hard would it be to fit the 40"s? I found this Pic but I have no Screenshot_20191206_150130_com.google.android.youtube.jpginfo at all about the owner or the truck

lvivier

Has no one tried going 20"rim with mpt81 tyres?

I know it's been done at least once. This ludicrously awesome 6C18D (the European FG4x4) truck was originally built by Woelcke and modified by the owners to sit on 335/80R20 Michelin XZL MPT:

sind-unterwegs_1.jpg

They had to do some work to accommodate the tires:

Das klingt zwar einfach aber diese Umrüstung hat eine Menge Folgearbeiten nach sich gezogen. Die Radläufe mußten vergrößert werden, der Ersatzradhalter wurde neu gebaut. Und, da die Reifen einen deutlich größeren Abrollumfang haben, mußten vorne und hinten die Achsübersetzungen geändert werden – diese gibt es original von FUSO mit anderen Werten.

That may sound simple but this conversion has resulted in a lot of follow-up work. The wheel arches had to be enlarged, the spare wheel holder was rebuilt. And, since the tires have a much larger rolling circumference, the axle ratios had to be changed in front and in the rear - these are available from FUSO with different values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior