FG637 4wd Shifter (cable conversion) help

tworakau

Hi Guys,

I bought a canter 97 FG637 that had a cable conversion for the 4wd shifter and they installed a custom shifting system at the time.

However when i bought it they said they have the gearstick to install (in place of this custom lever system) and provided it, but i'm struggling to see where it will nicely fit, mount.

Does anyone have any photos of a FG637 specifically where the 4wd gear shifter is, or meets the floor / mounted. would really appreciate it as it would be much nicer to use a regular stick then this custom levers system for engaging 4wd

thanks!!

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Have you got a pic of the lever setup then? Is it s Fg84 shifter and cables that they supplied?

Andelles

Observer
Hi Guys,

I bought a canter 97 FG637 that had a cable conversion for the 4wd shifter and they installed a custom shifting system at the time.

However when i bought it they said they have the gearstick to install (in place of this custom lever system) and provided it, but i'm struggling to see where it will nicely fit, mount.

Does anyone have any photos of a FG637 specifically where the 4wd gear shifter is, or meets the floor / mounted. would really appreciate it as it would be much nicer to use a regular stick then this custom levers system for engaging 4wd

thanks!!
curios was the cable conversion custom or of the shelf do you have apic of it thanks

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Hi have a look at the floor mat it may have a cut out for it.
Fg649 its to the left of the steering column.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior