Finally, a place for Overlanders in Panama City, Panama, Central America!

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Congratulations, Cristian!

This is wonderful news. Thank you for your dedication to our community and your hard work in making this long needed base of operations a reality.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Looks like 3 bikers just arrived at PP...our third customers now - this is getting really exciting.

:)

thanks everyone for your support. It is a bit stressful at time but I really believe that this will become an awesome place over the next few months!

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
How did I miss this??? Looks like now I have to keep an eye in the "Expedition News" section also...great.

Great to meet you at the OV Expo Christian, if you didn't give me a heads up about this in person who knows if I would have ever found out about it here.
By the way, the Christian who I thought I had you confused with was actually the correct one...I just had the Expo "handle" mixed up.
:coffeedrink:

-Brenton & Shannon

Last edited by a moderator:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
How did I miss this??? Looks like now I have to keep an eye in the "Expedition News" section also...great.

Great to meet you at the OV Expo Christian, if you didn't give me a heads up about this in person who knows if I would have ever found out about it here.
By the way, the Christian who I thought I had you confused with was actually the correct one...I just had the Expo "handle" mixed up.
:coffeedrink:

-Brenton & Shannon

Nice to meet you also!

here's the thread for all updates regarding Panama Passage:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59666&highlight=panama+passage

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Bon Chance, mon vieux!

Hope all goes well.

Your venture brings memories of the old days when I had at least one person per week wandering into the office looking for the "ferry to Colombia" or a "cheap boat to Colombia." In those days the overlanders parked at the hippodrome and complained about the Zone police who chased them out of the Zone.

Hopefully, you can establish some reliable contacts to the South so that you can pick up business going the other way. (As some on this forum have discovered, there are still lots of sharks in the trade.)

Your map link made me try to find my old house. Got the neighborhood, but I'm not sure I have found the street. :)

All the very best!

haven

Expedition Leader
Using Christian's map coordinates, here are two maps of the area, with the marker showing where the Panama Passage house is located.

passagepanama1.jpg

panamapassage2.jpg

Cerro Ancon and Metropolitan Park are great places to go for birders who are just learning the tropical species.

The airport in the first map is Albrook Airport, also called Marcos A. Gelabert airport. This is a former US Air Force facility. Flights from this airport serve Panama and Costa Rica. The true international airport is Tocumen, located a few miles to the east of Panama City along the Panamerican Highway.

Here's a web page that has photos from the top of Cerro Ancon / Ancon Hill.
http://www.panama-guide.com/article.php/20060521214809589

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
This is a great contribution to the community on a world wide scale since people from all over the world use PP. Coming up on a year anniversary and it has got to be hundreds if not thousands of people who have benefited from this resource.

Job well done Christian and crew! ;)

daniele1272

Hello Guys, I have now made it official I am offering trips to the darien natinal park panama side. I will be planning on adding more trips in the area both side of the border. In the mean time, have a look at what I am offering.
https://merchanttraveller.com/product/darienphotography/ A few more trip are in the making from Guyanas essequibo region but they will tailor to the most adventurous of us out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles