Finally got my truck!!!

jffilley

2004 qcsb dodge 2500 and I'm loving it the wife and I flew down to corpus Christi to pick it up. I'll upload some better pictures when we get back home on friday.

This is my first diesel and other than many smiles based on the position of my right foot I'm not too sure what to be Leary of it does have an airaid (sp) intake, an edge tuner, and an exhaust. How can I tell what else is done to it... I look forward to many miles of travel in this truck and all the help and good tips this forum has to offer!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321413132.771743.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321413132.771743.jpg
    1,016.5 KB · Views: 69
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321413168.009360.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321413168.009360.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
VERY nice! Enjoy and welcome to the diesel world.:victory: Be careful boost is addictive. Its everything I have not to put a tuner on my Dmax...

jffilley

Thanks I'm a fan of your truck as well we have similar plans for our builds. Just some wheels a leveling kit if anything till I can afford something nice and cushy and 35's max on the tires.

Awesome! That could be a twin to my truck! I flew out to Seattle, WA to pick mine up. I have a 2004 1/2 Dodge 3500 Quad single rear wheel in the same color.

Does it have gauges in it (boost, pyro, transmission temp)? Airaid is a good brand so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Exhaust is what it is so you are good to go on that. Not too versed on the Edge tuner so I can't make comment there. I have a Smarty Jr. in my truck and it sure wakes it up! Intake and exhaust is on the to do list for me. I didn't lift/level mine and I put on 285's. No rubbing or bumping. Plenty of room in the wheel wells on these trucks.

Very nice.

jffilley

Does it have gauges in it (boost, pyro, transmission temp)?

none yet but i do plan on putting in boost, pyro, and fuel pressure.

I have solid front axle envy. lol

That said it rides like a Caddy in the highway.:ylsmoke:

dont be too jealous of the solid axle, while very nice offroad, ride like a caddy it does not!!! its all about trade offs and I chose the dodge over the chevy for the solid axle and I was slightly scared of injector problems.

Nice looking truck!

thanks you've got an awesome looking bronco yourself!

jffilley

WOW!!!! I found out my edge tuner was for one reason or another not hooked up, so i hooked it up and WOW what a difference. I thought it was quick before but its far quicker now. :smiley_drive:

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Just beware that running a tuner will drastically reduce the lifespan of your truck when used on the higher settings. Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Cummins family.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
awesome truck, id love to get something like that in the fuuture but i think the gf will kill me if i get another vehicle lol. Im a chevy guy but id go with the ford or dodge also for the solid front axle, good choice.

tombodad

Adventurer
Is it a manual or auto? The auto's in the older dodges don't hold up well to power mods and heavy tires.

Also, keep in mind that engine wasn't built for the Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel that the .gov is kind of enough to provide us with today. Unless you can run at least 15% biodiesel, I would recommend looking into a good fuel additive. The only thing keeping your injectors alive is the lubricity in the fuel, and the ULSD has very little.

Here's a good link to a comparison of several additives. FWIW, I use Amsoil in every tank, and have so far been very happy with it. There are many alternatives though, even just some 2-stroke oil is cheap and better than nothing.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177728

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/ford/0911dp_fuel_additive_test/viewall.html

I would also consider a bypass oil filter, as diesels are naturally dirty beasts, and keeping them clean can do a lot to their longevity.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Take it easy on the throttle with the EDGE or the 48re won't last too much longer. Dave Goerend has an excellent reputation for beefing up Dodge autos. ULSD shouldn't be an issue. A Baldwin PF7977 fuel filter drops into your stock canister and will afford 2-microns more filtration. '03-04 HO's are great years. Good score!

jffilley

Thanks for all the info everyone the edge tuner is just a one stage setting i think its about 50hp or so. and ya I've been thinking about additives for it but I've since been stationed in texas with the Air Force and wont have my truck till I come home over christmas. and unfortunately its an auto but I had to make sure the wife could drive it too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior