Finally picked up a Jeep!

glazener24

Hey gang, I posted about a week ago regarding a 2016 JKU that I was considering buying. Everyone was very helpful in that thread, but I ended up not even going to test drive it. Instead, I drove a couple hours north this afternoon and drove a 2014 Rubicon. Long story short, I ended up leaving with it! :cool:

I am content for the moment, but I would like to add a snorkel and roof rack for a tent in the future. I've only had it for a few hours, and I love it so far! I know everyone likes to see pics, but it's dark already, so I will link the listing from the dealer's website. I'm looking forward to getting this thing dirty!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...ist=JEEP&searchRadius=200&clickType=spotlight

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
Not sure if congratulations are in order or not... (this is how the addiction starts...).

In any case have fun and enjoy it!...
Shopping for, deciding and installing mods can be nearly as much fun as using them, IMO.

Enjoy!

Viatorem

Congrats! I cant see the listing anymore - but 1st purchase (IMO) should be bumpers, winch, and rock sliders. ie, recovery and armor. Then pimp it out with all the nice-to-haves (you can sleep on the ground in the meantime - you are car-camping after all;) )

ratled

Adventurer
One thing you forgot mention in that it just not a Rubicon but an AEV Rubicon. That is a BIG deal!
You need to do a video walk around this weekend so we can all enjoy it

Last edited:

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
One thing you forgot mention in that it just not a Rubicon but an AEV Rubicon. That is a BIG deal!
You need to doa video walk around this weekend so we can all enjoy it

Dude, you got an AEV and failed to mention that....yikes. Dealer took photos down, it would be great if you can post pic! Congrats on awesome rig.

Yuke

Adventurer
Congrats!

Good luck on the build! If you need parts, shoot me a PM. I will work with you to set you up.

glazener24

Yeah, I guess I should have lead off with the AEV thing. I wasn't sure I could find even a stock Rubicon, so I'm over the moon that I found the AEV and that I was able to make the deal work!

glazener24

Ok guys, tell me if this sounds silly. I'm somewhat reluctant to use any parts that aren't made by or used by AEV for this "build". My thinking is that I need to stick with what AEV uses so I don't ruin the JK350 vibe. For example, I don't dig the plastic fenders, but AEV doesn't offer any other fenders on any of their builds. So, do I follow AEV's lead and stick to what they do, or branch out and mod the Jeep outside of what they've done?

Edit: I'll get some pics soon, I apologize. I'm a full time police officer, which means my schedule is different than most (which is why i'm posting at 4:00 am). I'll try to grab some daylight pics tomorrow though!

Last edited:

Yuke

Adventurer
Ok guys, tell me if this sounds silly. I'm somewhat reluctant to use any parts that aren't made by or used by AEV for this "build". My thinking is that I need to stick with what AEV uses so I don't ruin the JK350 vibe. For example, I don't dig the plastic fenders, but AEV doesn't offer any other fenders on any of their builds. So, do I follow AEV's lead and stick to what they do, or branch out and mod the Jeep outside of what they've done?

Edit: I'll get some pics soon, I apologize. I'm a full time police officer, which means my schedule is different than most (which is why i'm posting at 4:00 am). I'll try to grab some daylight pics tomorrow though!

If you go with new fenders you will likely have to change the bumpers as well. AEV molded the bumpers up to meet the stock fenders for a reason. Flat fenders and AEV bumpers just looks awkward in my humble opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online