Financing a Land Cruiser (built)

ZoeSanderson

Yes, you can get bored if you like to change the car each year. But, you could try, if you desire so much to get your dream car. A purchase is not as bad as it seems. I bought recently a Jeep Grand Cherokee. It worth taking a personal contract purchase from a reliable company Money Expert, even if this car is not legally mine lol..but after three years It will. The same as me does thousands, my friends are like me, if you take care of your things they last I just appreciate what I have now, and I will take care of this car long time.

Last edited:

rlynch356

Defyota
Buy stock, if you have to finance that's ok.. wait till you pay it off to Modify it based on all the research you have done in the mean time. Maybe do wheels tires and lift if you still paying on it, but really that $ should go to the loan if possible..

Generally I hate buying a modified truck, I end up pulling off 50% of the stuff because thats not the way I want to do it and spend more time un-******ing it than its worth.

Take you time and have fun..

We just bought a 200 series, I'm keeping it with my wife until its paid off then I'll take it and have fun with it.

da/dt

While it’s certainly true it would be best not to finance the mods, if you want to and you look carefully some credit unions will go to 140% of NADA retail value. If that doesn’t get you there, you can get creative with some HELOCs or credit cards or personal loans. The other option is the classic/exotic car finance companies like Haggerty will finance larger advances.

Heading Out

Adventurer
Buy the best stock Cruiser you can find and pay for. Then do a good Major service on it,
Belts, Hoses, ALL the fluids, Clutch, Brakes inspected. and any problems fixed.
Now you know it's solid and will not leave you stranded...

Then drive it, when it needs tires, upgrade. skip all the bling, add only what you
need to explore as you find it needed, and spend the rest on fuel, is my $.02

If you do go the Finance/Loan route have a look at collector car loan places like JJ Best Banc offer.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
I find it hugely amusing when seller's on this board and everywhere else always say "$40,000 Invested" or whatever overinflated number they can think of in their ad. You didn't "Invest" $40,000 you SPENT $40,000!!!

An "Investment" has an expectation of a positive return. You will NEVER enjoy a positive return buying a bunch of crap to bolt on a brand new or new to you truck, car, boat, plane, surfboard, 4 wheeler or whatever useless toy you just had to have! Your huge "$40,000 Investment" just turned into a huge "$40,000 Expenditure"!

I guess these sellers must think it makes them sound like a Sophisticated Overlander when they say $40K invested in build that I am only now asking $20K to sell. As ole Bugs Bunny would say "What a Maroon"!

Now it's Hip to add Overland Ready or some other BS tag line along with that "$40,000 Invested" moniker to make that $10,000 overpriced POS Overland vehicle you are trying to sell for $20,000 look attractive.

How about "Investing $40,000" in my Overland oceanfront and mountain top resort located in Arizona?

Put down $40,000 and I will finance that $40,000 remaining balance at 10% for 84 months! Such a deal!

Stacy Keach and I look forward to hearing from all you "Investors"!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

I find it hugely amusing when seller's on this board and everywhere else always say "$40,000 Invested" or whatever overinflated number they can think of in their ad. You didn't "Invest" $40,000 you SPENT $40,000!!!

An "Investment" has an expectation of a positive return. You will NEVER enjoy a positive return buying a bunch of crap to bolt on a brand new or new to you truck, car, boat, plane, surfboard, 4 wheeler or whatever useless toy you just had to have! Your huge "$40,000 Investment" just turned into a huge "$40,000 Expenditure"!

I guess these sellers must think it makes them sound like a Sophisticated Overlander when they say $40K invested in build that I am only now asking $20K to sell. As ole Bugs Bunny would say "What a Maroon"!

Now it's Hip to add Overland Ready or some other BS tag line along with that "$40,000 Invested" moniker to make that $10,000 overpriced POS Overland vehicle you are trying to sell for $20,000 look attractive.

How about "Investing $40,000" in my Overland oceanfront and mountain top resort located in Arizona?

Put down $40,000 and I will finance that $40,000 remaining balance at 10% for 84 months! Such a deal!

Stacy Keach and I look forward to hearing from all you "Investors"!

source.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles