First post asking advice

Turkinator

I am planning on several fairly long trips in the upcoming spring. I have an 09 Tacoma with the off road package. My question is, my vehicle has 225,000 miles on it. The frame and brake line fuel lines have been replaced. Is their any special precautions that I could do before I hit the road?

01tundraAC

Agreed. Including diff fluids and a once over on the engine for leaks. I would look at the valve cover gaskets and crack seal. Not sure what the maintenance history has been but 225k is a good time to do a full tune-up for peace of mind. Plugs, coils, brakes, and shocks etc.

Turkinator

Thanks for the great advice!!!! It has been well maintained, but the high mileage is spooky! I know that some have gotten much more than that out of these vehicles.

nickw

Adventurer
I am planning on several fairly long trips in the upcoming spring. I have an 09 Tacoma with the off road package. My question is, my vehicle has 225,000 miles on it. The frame and brake line fuel lines have been replaced. Is their any special precautions that I could do before I hit the road?
I'd start by looking at service intervals and make sure all the important stuff was done. Then Id take it to a good indy mechanic and have them baseline the rig....go over the entire thing.

I'd replace things if they are on cusp, plugs, pads, rotors, etc.

If it's been taken care and kept up you should be good to go, the miles wouldn't scare me.

Turkinator

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is included in the baseline inspection?
I'd start by looking at service intervals and make sure all the important stuff was done. Then Id take it to a good indy mechanic and have them baseline the rig....go over the entire thing.

I'd replace things if they are on cusp, plugs, pads, rotors, etc.

If it's been taken care and kept up you should be good to go, the miles wouldn't scare me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles