First Timer into the Land Cruiser world... 1988 FJ62

CJ3B

Observer
Hello Gents!

After lurking many years in the Land Cruiser realm, and having both a 1998 Montero and a 1965 Willy CJ3b, I finally put a deposit on a 1988 FJ65 Land Cruiser.

The truck has been purchased from it original owner, and albeit not perfect, The engine seems solid, tranny and 4WD ranges work great, and body " seems" to be in pretty good shape. No major rust visible at simple sight, as the truck was completely repainted about 6/7 years ago, but I am pretty sure in may have some in places to be found.

Chassis looks very good, and no visible leaks even after warming up, driving, and shifting all gears on the auto tranny and transfer.

Anyway, here's some pics... more pics to follow, as I still have not been able to perform transfer of ownership with the gentleman; should be done this next Wednesday, if all goes well. According to him, all paperwork is in order, as well as no fines.

S5FSI4l.jpg

oRBnPYT.jpg

9s3nqAY.jpg

7fXpJ3W.jpg

FELn36Z.jpg

JvrBbN0.jpg

Last edited:

Arktikos

Explorer
Congratulations sir, that is a real beauty. Looks brand new, like one from the Narcos series. If it were mine I would absolutely not make one single "mod" to it.

CJ3B

Observer
Congratulations sir, that is a real beauty. Looks brand new, like one from the Narcos series. If it were mine I would absolutely not make one single "mod" to it.

Yes, will try to make it as stock as possible. Maybe an old man emu lift kit, and some not-too-wide BFG KO2, and that’s about it... thank you for the kind words!

1HaytchZed

What's up with the front bumper? That's not OEM either.
Congrats! Also it's also a FJ62...no such LC as a FJ65 (I'm sure it's a typo, just welcoming you to the LC side)

1HaytchZed

You're also missing the "snake blinders" trim on the bottom, those holes will collect all sorts of moisture and dirt.

CJ3B

Observer
Yeah, typo... FJ62, as the topic states.

Purchase hit a temporary snag. Owner mentioned that he had installed another engine, as his dad had damaged the original one with a faulty oil pump. Good thing is it is a similar engine from another FJ62, and I got to find the owner of the donor engine, and has the " decommissioning" papers of his rig. The owner of the one am purchasing pick up the paperwork, and is taking care of the engine VIN number registration and new vehicle registration as well.

Just dying to have this truck at home, but wish to do it the right, legal way.

Will keep you posted!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Well, start ordering your suspension and tires and it will be there ready for when the truck arrives! (y)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior