Flatbed and composite panel build on Dodge 2500

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
I'm putting the cabinets in first......JUST IN CASE! So far everything has worked out good, only have a few parts to liquidate because of upgrades, don't want any more! Got a really good development for the bathroom stall, it just became a structural member!

Jeep

Made a bed, some more 252 for the door, and did the base drawings for the wet bath.

Image 1.jpg

Jeep

We use Nova Kool fridges Ward, 12V 110V compressor fridge. Really well built, nice outer case, really well insulated, they do a good job.

xtremexj

Adventurer
Holy shyte Mark!!! Have you every been busy since I was on the board last!! I am totally diggin that camper shell.:drool: Looks like an idea I had to fit on a short box frame with the rear angle to gain some extra space. I guess I really need to go for a drive some weekend if you're going to be around and check that out. As always, your shop and abilities humbles my poor garage talent. :(

Last edited:

Jeep

Holy shyte Mark!!! Have you every been busy since I was on the board last!! I am totally diggin that camper shell.:drool: Looks like an idea I had to fit on a short box frame with the rear angle to gain some extra space. I guess I really need to go for a drive some weekend if you're going to be around and check that out. As always, your shop and abilities humbles my poor garage talent. :(

I always liked the stuff you come up with Shane, pretty darn good design and execution for a home builder. Camper is 8.5' at the base and 10' front wall to back wall, rear taper is completely consumed very usefully in the design. you could probably do something in the 7-7.5' range and a 8.5-9' wall to wall length on a short box without making it look like an afterthought and keeping the CG in check.

Jeep

Built the externally vented/internally sealed locker for the Espar, fuel tank, and water valves. Perimeter frame is an extrusion with a glue channel and sealing flange, works with a lot of different door designs. Hole was easily cut with the track saw. Powder coating it white today and hopefully getting it in shortly and we can start installing systems while the cabinets are getting designed and built. That part is taking longer than I'd like but that's what it takes to make them properly.

Locker 1.jpg

Locker 2.jpg

Locker 3.jpg

Locker 4.jpg

The hydronic heater installs between the locker and the shower, and still leaves a little room for storage. The whole area gets a nice big L shaped seating area, the dinette table will be mounted on a collapsible post so you just hit a lever and drop it to make the bed when needed.

Jeep

Grey water dump valve is a Banjo 2" stubby camlock. The covers will be set up with a lay flat hose for dumping quick or a 3/4" garden hose. The camlock design is excellent for sealing and integrity, as well the valve is fully rebuildable which I never anticipate having to do, plus the camlock fittings and parts are available at industrial and agricultural supply outlets almost anywhere. Plus this will not leak!

Grey water valve.jpg

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Camper is 8.5' at the base and 10' front wall to back wall, rear taper is completely consumed very usefully in the design. you could probably do something in the 7-7.5' range and a 8.5-9' wall to wall length on a short box without making it look like an afterthought and keeping the CG in check.

That's what I like to hear.
Jack

h4rdflip

Observer
I clearly think I picked the wrong career when I see such skillful work. I am slowly planning my small pop camper build for my mini truck and I was curious how much the panel usually cost, I doubt that will be in my affordable range but I thought Id ask. Looking fwd to see more, Cheers.

Last edited:

Jeep

Panels run anywhere from $15.00 to $60.00+ per square foot and up, depending on what is in and on them.With the right joining methods they are rather easy to build with, without and they can be a lot of work.

Jeep

Got the heater, fuel, and water service box installed. Pic of the 2" cam lock drain installed in it's respective location.

Image.jpg

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94