Flippac for sale Toyota Tacoma long bed

Dan S.

The time has come to sell my flippac. I'm currently looking for a hardshell cabover camper (Callen, Bel-Air) and would be interested in a trade/partial trade. It's a project, however it's perfectly usable as is, and you could work on it as you use it. It leaks at the forward edge of the pop-top near the torsion bar-Having moved from Utah to a colder, wetter climate, I'd rather get a hard shell camper than continue to repair the flippac that is less than ideal for the PNW.

$2,200 o.b.o. Located in Port Townsend, WA.

Here is the link. To a dropbox file with more photos. The pro's and cons as it sits now:

cons:
there are some areas where the plastic bead that holds the fabric into the metal inserts is sliding out, and there are some tears in the bug netting (see photos). The roof is maybe a 1/4" out of alignment when folded down, though this doesn't affect the function of anything. Leak along forward seal near torsion bar when driving in heavy rain. Gas struts on passenger side window don't work. bulb seal on rear window delaminated.

Pros:
has locking, fold-out side windows-a feature I've thoroughly enjoyed and never seen on any other Flippacs. Durable plastic cleats on sides of roof for lashing things to the roof without a rack. 12v interior light. Torsion bar going strong, never had issues with it. Paint and Fiberglass in good condition, show relatively little wear apart from some UV fade in paint on roof.

IMG_4929_zps7haqze0g.jpg

Desert Taco

Observer
I'm interested in the Flippac, but the 1500 mile drive each way from PHX kind of kills the deal..

Do you have any plans to venture back to the southwest coming up?

Dan S.

I'm interested in the Flippac, but the 1500 mile drive each way from PHX kind of kills the deal..

Do you have any plans to venture back to the southwest coming up?
I wish! Heading to Alaska for the summer, unfortunately a long ways in the opposite direction :(

Desert Taco

Observer
I wish! Heading to Alaska for the summer, unfortunately a long ways in the opposite direction :(

If you take the 'long way around' then you'll end up in AZ on your way to AK ?

I've looked at shipping options, but nothing reasonable has come up so far..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior