FlipPac Tacoma Frontier Compatibility??

Josh41

Adventurer
Anyone know if FlipPacs are compatible between Tacomas and Frontiers? I know that most ARE and Leer caps are not, but I am asking as AT Habitats are!!!
Thanks in advance.

Josh41

Adventurer
Yes, I'm aware of the size of difference, :) Some caps can accommodate this with a flat bottom (where cap meets bed rail) that is a few inches wide. On one truck it will fit perfectly, on another,it will hang over or show the bed rails a little. Just depends on how it is made. And of course, a good seal needs be made with a rubber gasket/bulb seal. I ask because some caps work, like AT Overland, they designed it to work, and some don't, like LEER, they have an apron that comes down over the outside.

Doc187

Observer
I have one on my frontier. I had to put a spacer between the bed rails and the topper so that it was tall enough to extend over the cab. I also had to remove the brake light on the cab. I just made a plastic cap to cover where the brake line had been.

justbecause

perpetually lost
When I was looking for camper shells the major different I noticed taco vs frontier is the horn on the bottom cab side of the fiberglass shells. The frontier has a more pronounced body line there and the taco is more square. I would bet a taco shell will fit a frontier, but not the other way around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94