FLIPPACK CAMPERS

DVexile

Adventurer
Roughly $6K new. There is a market and AT is filling it with their Habitat which has been around for about one year now. The AT option is a bit higher end materials and construction wise and comes in about 30% more expensive new than the FlipPacs retailed for.

The Artisan

Adventurer
So come in at 8k and there might be a market, slide in camper. Composite panel construction and coated in truckbed liner with weather max fabric interior lined with vinyl coated poly exterior, weighing around 300lbs? :)
Kevin

Undrstm8ed

I'll be ordering a new bar soon and a 2nd just in case. My Flip Pac is from 1995 and my bar broke 5 months ago after 1.5 years of daily use... I cringe when I hear of 5 yr old units having to replace their 2nd unit already.

springsyeti

I had mine for 15 and replaced 3. The last one has been in the truck for 4 years. New owner picks up the rig on Friday. Good luck to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
Does anyone know where I can find the weather stripping they used on the flippacs? I wanna replace mine and have searched all over McMaster Carr and other sites and none match because they used a bulb seal that has a thick rubber base making it much taller/thicker than most bulb seals.

tbock7117

Pigging backing on this post because it sounds like quite a few of you have dealt with a broken torsion bar.
My bar is still in tack and has been working since I did a complete rebuild last summer.
I'm about 240 and have slept in it about 10 times with my dog without issue. It opens easily and feels pretty firm.
I have a replacement torsion bar from Sway-A-Way that I have in the truck in case I need it.

The question is, should I just put the new torsion bar in to be safe?
Sounds like if it snaps, the aluminum protective bar gets trashed.
I read that a few of you had it snap while it was closed, but any of you have it snap while open? Or while you were sleeping? What kind of damage happened?

FlipPac_Moab (1).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94