Flooring Options in Composite Panel Campers?

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Ahhhhh! Sweet! Thanks! That'll make things a lot simpler

Right in the beginning we had one customer that was walking on the side walls while they where laying flat on the ground. By doing so he compressed the foam core and left slight indents all over the panel. To avoid that in the future, we stressed the point of not walking on the panels. If you need to lay them flat on the ground, make sure the floor is even. We recommend using big sheets of foam panel ( the stuff we use for shipping) to raise the panels off the ground to avoid "pressure points".
On a side note: Accidents happen and you may drop a tool or something else on the panels and create an imperfection, you can always swap the panels out with each other. The out and inside are identical. That's another reason why we don't offer the window and door cut outs anymore. It gives you more flexibility.

Does this help?

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Right in the beginning we had one customer that was walking on the side walls while they where laying flat on the ground. By doing so he compressed the foam core and left slight indents all over the panel. To avoid that in the future, we stressed the point of not walking on the panels. If you need to lay them flat on the ground, make sure the floor is even. We recommend using big sheets of foam panel ( the stuff we use for shipping) to raise the panels off the ground to avoid "pressure points".
On a side note: Accidents happen and you may drop a tool or something else on the panels and create an imperfection, you can always swap the panels out with each other. The out and inside are identical. That's another reason why we don't offer the window and door cut outs anymore. It gives you more flexibility.

Does this help?

Yes! Thanks

Pntyrmvr

Adventurer
Run sheet flooring 4 inches up the wall. When it comes time to muck out the living area a wet mop rubbing on the wall portion won't degrade the wall structure or finish.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I have installed the floors first in the last two builds and won’t do it again. I have used vinyl planks, they are nice, durable and clean up well but they expand and contract more than I would have thought. Used cork on the last build and liked them a lot but no where near as durable as other materials, still will last for years but a lot easier to replace if they were not under the rest of the build.

Ducstrom

I have installed the floors first in the last two builds and won’t do it again. I have used vinyl planks, they are nice, durable and clean up well but they expand and contract more than I would have thought. Used cork on the last build and liked them a lot but no where near as durable as other materials, still will last for years but a lot easier to replace if they were not under the rest of the build.
We're the vinyl planks glued down?

Iam going to be doing the floor space in my camper soon and was planning on vinyl plank flooring. It's a really small floor space so I may not get as much movement. We're talking 3'x6' in mine.

We're the vinyl planks glued down?

Iam going to be doing the floor space in my camper soon and was planning on vinyl plank flooring. It's a really small floor space so I may not get as much movement. We're talking 3'x6' in mine.

No they were not glued down. I used the floating interlocking planks. Our visible floor was about 3x6, but the whole floor was covered and the cabinets were installed on top. If the sun was beating through the door they would swell and raise up off the floor pretty quickly and take much longer to settle down. I ended up cutting a seam in the floor around the cabinets so they had some room to breathe/move and it alleviated the problem. I think they make for a great camper floor with one caveat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier