Fly-Fishing in Northern Arizona (Prescott, Sedona, Flagstaff)

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Can anyone make any suggestions for some good remote streams in Northern Arizona? I'm in Prescott and looking to shake the dust off the Fly-Rod. Looking for Trout preferably.

MAD Duo

Observer
Have you tried Silver Creek in Show Low? I was down at Oak Creek about 3 weeks ago and it was slooooow. I read on the AZ Game and Squish report that Watson lake down in your neck of the woods was stocked with trout, might try there. Or the river outside Dead horse State park, never fished it, but I have several fly fishing buddies whom have had success down there.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Oak Creek is really slow...I got skunked both the past two weekends...
Have heard Lees Ferry is producing this past week...

Westy

Adventurer
Can anyone make any suggestions for some good remote streams in Northern Arizona? I'm in Prescott and looking to shake the dust off the Fly-Rod. Looking for Trout preferably.

Matt,

I have some suggestions for you that I think you would enjoy, possibly even a spot or two where you could put that 109 to work en route to finding some moving water. This time of year is slow going for trout in the high country and many of the more productive waters are not all that accessible.

PM sent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior