FM-62DZ Whynter Vs SnoMaster EX67D

67cj5

Man On a Mission
IMO 3-way are an entirely different product category from DC compressor fridges, individual models not to be compared as if apples to apples.
I think you misunderstood what I said,

I am doing a 3 fridge test using 3 different power set ups at 3 different Temperatures.

Not 3 way fridges, as in 12v, AC, and Gas power.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
what about Dometic since they make ARB???
The ARB is the better Unit as are Engel, The Dometic has issues where you can't plug in both power sources at the same time as a backup as it was originally meant to work but if you plug both leads in and the Dometic will self distruct,

I was going to buy the Dometic but they really Hog the Power so I stayed with 2 ARB's for long trips. Job Done.

john61ct

Adventurer
what about Dometic since they make ARB???
ARB used to outsource **some** models

not anymore.

And as the OEM customer they can put in higher specs, tighter QA checks etc

so did not mean at all comparable to the Dometics anyway.

The factories that make Apple iPhones also make other phones, does not mean the latter are as good.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I avoided all and bought NL 50 Dual. Very satisfied and true dual zone!
National Luna will be my next fridge,

You would not believe the power the little 35L Snomaster uses, (n)(n)(n)

I like the speed it cools down and the Accuracy of the Temp Gauge but the Power it eats on AC or DC is horrific, When plugged in to AC it can only use the "Hi" power mode where as on DC you can choose Hi, Auto and Low settings, But even on the DC Low Mode it still chews more power than my ARB 47L/50Qt,

On AC it will Draw 98.4w it will do the same on DC if you set it to "Hi", This little fridge/freezer when set to freezer mode On AC can chew more Watts in a 24 hour period that a 244L domestic fridge freezer, and when on DC Low mode it can chew as much power as an 80L 12v fridge.

I will do a draw test hooking up to the Dometic PLB-40 with it set to 2*c or 35.6*f and run it for 24 hours and see how much it chews when set to "Low".

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles