For Sale Custom Expedition Trailer-SOLD

4S50

Due to age (mine) and lifestyle changes, I have begun to prefer cooking inside and am moving into a self-contained travel trailer and looking to sell the expo trailer that I have built. The basis is a 2004 Sport Utility Trailer built by Diversified Products, Bend Oregon. The trailer box outer dimensions are 60” long x 50” wide. The sides of the trailer box water and dust resistant, lockable, steel boxes of about 6 cubic feet capacity (each). The trailer is sitting on 3500 lbs. springs with shocks (both new 2019), 3500 lbs. Dexter axle with electric brakes and 5x5.5” bolt pattern hubs. The track width is approximately 61” wide. The tires are newish ProComp AT 35x12.50x15 on slot mags (The same size tire and bolt pattern wheel as the current tow vehicle so the spare tire can be shared). The steel fenders are made with flexible rear sections to prevent bending when coming off of rock ledges, etc.
The cargo area of the box has a divider across it, allowing for the front section (approximately 30”x30”x27” tall) to be used for cargo. The rear section has a custom bracket holding 2-six gallon water cans and an EndelB fridge slide (the TB51A fridge is NOT included). A weather-resistant 12V DIN Hella plug is wired in for the refrigerator. There is also a shovel mounted in the cargo area and a Hi-Lift Jack mounted in a custom bracket to the outside of the driver side box.
There is a Group 22 deep cycle AGM battery mounted in the storage box which is wired through a fuse panel to LED rock/camp lights at all four corners and LED back up lights, both of which are controlled by a wireless remote.
The battery also powers the refrigerator and switched LED lights inside both storage compartments. The battery is charged while driving by 12V from the vehicle to the new Renogy 20A DC-DC charger, and while camped the battery can be charged with the Flexopower Atacama 79 W solar panel (the panel can be placed up to 30’ away in the sun, while camp can remain in the shade).
There is a five-gallon blitz can carrying bracket mounted on the front of the trailer box and the single 2.5” square steel tube tongue is about 40+” and is connected to a custom swivel hitch. This tongue has proven to be very strong and allows the trailer to be jack-knifed more than 90 degrees to allow tight turning.
Mounted on top of the trailer is a Mombasa 9008 Expedition rooftop tent in excellent condition. This tent is the same as the Tepui, RVT, ARB, Smittybilt, Tuff-Stuff, etc. and can be folded closed with the bedding inside. This tent has been upgraded with a Cabela’s self-inflating mattress and includes a new (never used) extreme weather insulated cover. A new ARB travel cover was installed in 2018. There is also 12V service from the trailer battery into the tent to monitor battery charge status, charge phones, etc., or power lights or fans. A 48” x 24” camp table is carried in a custom rack out of the way under the tent. Included is a Grand Trunk sunshade and poles that we have attached to the tent to provide extra shade.

This has been a fun project that has evolved with each expedition. It has been towed behind a highly modified CJ7 from California to as far north as Montana, as far south as Toroweap, it has been over the Mojave Road, all over Death Valley, and over the Rubicon trail several times. It is reliable, livable, and durable. Loaded weight has been about 1350 lbs. More pictures are available upon request.
$7000.00 takes it from my garage in Northern California.

Driving on Bonneville.JPGGarcia Camp copy.jpg

4S50

Here are some close up pics of the solar panel/battery box/solar panel controller and fuse panel (in the orange container. The other picture shows the storage compartment ( there is one on either side), and the final picture shows the tailgate open, the fridge slide, and the table partially pulled from its rack.
B582EDAA-A735-4975-ADC9-51A6408DAF5B.jpeg9E7B162D-BBC7-40FA-B803-2EE0F03DE9AB.jpeg06B72EBA-A8E4-4F90-9C81-3B8D7686B994.jpeg

4S50

The center area is open, but entirely covered by the RTT and table in its bracket. I made a screen divider so the airflow to the fridge is not obstructed, and we keep things like the bbq, folding chairs, buckets, etc. in the open section without concern that those items damage the fridge or water jugs. We stored ‘pantry’ items and all cooking equipment in the driver side compartment, clothing etc. in the passenger side compartment, and bedding in the RTT.
62435BE2-9F64-4C53-AB49-5F6D688E6874.jpeg

4S50

I have domesticated the wild goat cart, haha. I have put a standard 2” ball coupler on the trailer and will include the wildly articulating swivel hitch. It is still in my garage, for sale, awaiting the lifting of travel restrictions!

I
9B2E9099-DDBD-4939-BF46-924AA7882AC9.jpeg
68DA7FE3-8DCB-4835-9FAB-73237CFF89B8.jpeg

d90john

Due to age (mine) and lifestyle changes, I have begun to prefer cooking inside and am moving into a self-contained travel trailer and looking to sell the expo trailer that I have built. The basis is a 2004 Sport Utility Trailer built by Diversified Products, Bend Oregon. The trailer box outer dimensions are 60” long x 50” wide. The sides of the trailer box water and dust resistant, lockable, steel boxes of about 6 cubic feet capacity (each). The trailer is sitting on 3500 lbs. springs with shocks (both new 2019), 3500 lbs. Dexter axle with electric brakes and 5x5.5” bolt pattern hubs. The track width is approximately 61” wide. The tires are newish ProComp AT 35x12.50x15 on slot mags (The same size tire and bolt pattern wheel as the current tow vehicle so the spare tire can be shared). The steel fenders are made with flexible rear sections to prevent bending when coming off of rock ledges, etc.
The cargo area of the box has a divider across it, allowing for the front section (approximately 30”x30”x27” tall) to be used for cargo. The rear section has a custom bracket holding 2-six gallon water cans and an EndelB fridge slide (the TB51A fridge is NOT included). A weather-resistant 12V DIN Hella plug is wired in for the refrigerator. There is also a shovel mounted in the cargo area and a Hi-Lift Jack mounted in a custom bracket to the outside of the driver side box.
There is a Group 22 deep cycle AGM battery mounted in the storage box which is wired through a fuse panel to LED rock/camp lights at all four corners and LED back up lights, both of which are controlled by a wireless remote.
The battery also powers the refrigerator and switched LED lights inside both storage compartments. The battery is charged while driving by 12V from the vehicle to the new Renogy 20A DC-DC charger, and while camped the battery can be charged with the Flexopower Atacama 79 W solar panel (the panel can be placed up to 30’ away in the sun, while camp can remain in the shade).
There is a five-gallon blitz can carrying bracket mounted on the front of the trailer box and the single 2.5” square steel tube tongue is about 40+” and is connected to a custom swivel hitch. This tongue has proven to be very strong and allows the trailer to be jack-knifed more than 90 degrees to allow tight turning.
Mounted on top of the trailer is a Mombasa 9008 Expedition rooftop tent in excellent condition. This tent is the same as the Tepui, RVT, ARB, Smittybilt, Tuff-Stuff, etc. and can be folded closed with the bedding inside. This tent has been upgraded with a Cabela’s self-inflating mattress and includes a new (never used) extreme weather insulated cover. A new ARB travel cover was installed in 2018. There is also 12V service from the trailer battery into the tent to monitor battery charge status, charge phones, etc., or power lights or fans. A 48” x 24” camp table is carried in a custom rack out of the way under the tent. Included is a Grand Trunk sunshade and poles that we have attached to the tent to provide extra shade.

This has been a fun project that has evolved with each expedition. It has been towed behind a highly modified CJ7 from California to as far north as Montana, as far south as Toroweap, it has been over the Mojave Road, all over Death Valley, and over the Rubicon trail several times. It is reliable, livable, and durable. Loaded weight has been about 1350 lbs. More pictures are available upon request.
$7000.00 takes it from my garage in Northern California.

View attachment 569964View attachment 569963

d90john

Ya know- I’m 70 now. Owned a Defender 90 with roof top tent for 19 years with much off roaming under my belt. I elected to sell the truck and buy a jeep. Not a bad move on my part IMO. I would offer you 5800 Cash for your rig. I am in Oregon and would enjoy the road trip to pick it up if you are so inclined. Thanks for your Consideration. John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles