For Sale: Derale 52506 transmission cooler for 2nd. gen Tacoma *SOLD*

Adventurous

Explorer
Up for sale is a new, never used Derale 52506 transmission cooler with mounting brackets and the AN fittings. If you have ever monitored your transmission temps, you'll know the the OEM cooler is often inadequate for keeping transmission fluid temperatures down; on a recent trip to Moab I observed 220 degrees heading up a dirt road into camp, and those are the kinds of temperatures that will cause transmission fluid to lose its effectiveness and lead to premature transmission death. Not ideal by any means.

The Derale 52506 is a 25 row stacked plate cooler and is just about the biggest you can stuff in the front end of a 2nd gen Tacoma. If this doesn't bring down transmission temps, nothing will. The mounts were designed by me to attach the cooler in the place of either the horns, or on the opposite side with nutserts and M8 hardware. If the horns are relocated and the horn holes are used, only the two lower holes need to be drilled and the OEM hoses should be long enough to reach the cooler. The only hardware that does not come with this kit are the M8 bolts to attach it, and the stand offs required to prevent interference with the hood latch shield.

Mock-up shows the mounts *should* work, but I never got around to installing this for real. The price does not reflect the cost of the mounts, consider yourself a guinea pig in the matter, if they work, score you got em for free! If not, please let me know so I can make changes to the design. They are currently 1/8" 5052 aluminum that was laser cut and CNC broke. Al is currently raw, but can be powder coated or anodized if desired. To my knowledge this is the only kit out there that will cleanly mount the cooler with the heinous conglomeration of universal fit kits.

Cooler goes for $157.99 new plus $9.26 per for the fittings, a total of $176.51. I am asking $140 plus shipping, or, this can be picked up in the Denver, CO area. The only catch is I will kindly request a promise for feedback on the mounts when installed, if there is enough interest I may consider having additional sets made for those interested.

CAD rendering of the package. Ignore the rudimentary radiator support cross members, they are only there for visualization purpose. 4 tabs pictured at the corners were removed in the final version.

Untitled by Tim Souza, on Flickr

And it all in real life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94