For Sale: Mercedes Benz 1222 4x4 Ready for Conv. to Exp. Vehicle (Price Reduction to 33,000!)

Thanks for the added information on this topic. Yes, it depends on a few variables: (1) if you are going to do the work yourself; (2) what you plan to put inside and the quality (I too thought IKEA was a great option and the boxes are high quality in my opinion; and (3) how much you want to pay for the labor. I I think your input is important there are definite differences in the build and each has decide on his own what goes in it.

It is indeed. I agree, but, I think with the amount of LED lights available now etc I think a simple fit out could be done with basic lighting, composting toilet, simple Ikea kitchen and a few second hand items etc.. You'd be right on the budget for a higher spec build... I guess I'm looking at it based on my build... where I already have the cooker, gas system, beds, generator, jerry cans, lockers etc...

Joe917

Explorer
Forget Ikea cabinets or any other particle core products. Plywood cabinetry is the only way to go if you want it to last. Baltic birch or similar multi-ply is best. Labor is one of the biggest costs, so it is a waste of money to use cheap materials.

Joe...I agree with you on the particle products. I built an IKEA kitchen at my house and all of the doors are 100% solid wood...the boxes are particle, but one can build the boxes on their own out of high-quality plywood. Agreed on the labor - great point!

\
Forget Ikea cabinets or any other particle core products. Plywood cabinetry is the only way to go if you want it to last. Baltic birch or similar multi-ply is best. Labor is one of the biggest costs, so it is a waste of money to use cheap materials.

4x4for9

I noticed you said you had this truck imported. Would you be willing to give me some details about how well it went, how much it costs and who you went through?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles