SOLD: 1984 Fleet FWC ($4K Las Vegas)

I am looking to trade or sell my 1984 Fleet Four Wheel Camper. The camper is 7.5 feet long and fits on my 2002 Toyota Tacoma with a 6 foot bed. It extends to the end of the tailgate and weighs approximately 700 lbs. It is perfect for small sized trucks like the Tacoma (with suspension upgrades) but can fit larger trucks if a platform is built underneath to elevate it. I have Scamper Jacks to install the camper that would be included with the trade/sale and these are located in Las Vegas. More pics in my criagslist ad:

The camper itself is in good condition given its age. The vinyl is in good shape with minimal tears. All tears and wear points have been covered with seam grip. I have not experienced any leaks. It pops up to 5'9." I'm 6' tall and have to stoop slightly while standing.

Pros/additions:
Windows work perfectly (lots of ventilation)
Door rebuilt and secondary lock added
Custom built drawers for storage
100 watt renogy solar panel mounted
Dometic Fantastic Fan
Mounting point for full sized shovel
Ice box with external drip tube
New sink drain hardware
Spray foam in all major gaps for insulation / dust
LED light strip (dimmable, 110 v plug in)
New propane tank and hose with regulator
Stove works perfectly
Couch can be converted to a bed with use of backrest
The upper bed folds in half and serves as a backrest for more seating
Storage compartments underneath all seating
New galvanized mounting hardware for truck attachment
Custom sewn blackout curtains

Cons:
Edges of linoleum floor are peeling by door
Door is slightly bent from previous forced entry (hence the rebuild) but no leaks or dust
No electrical inputs. The original electrical wasn't working so I removed everything and sealed the electrical input. This camper is set up exclusively for boondocking with use of solar.
No internal water storage. I didnt like the small size of the original water tank so I removed it and built a platform to elevate the water jug above the sink. The jug can be stowed underneath. The platform has a hinged door for storing plates / cutting boards.
Mold in corners of vinyl. FWC apparently insulated their vinyl bitd and the mold is in the insulation, therefore hard to clean.
The rear folding panel for the pop up had water damage and was flexing more than I liked so I reinforced it.
Tear in inside of insulation currently taped (I'm an idiot and went too far drilling the hole for the solar panel additon).
Tears in roof vinyl (I taped up the tears and replaced the popup slide area with wood/plastic to protect the roof

Other info:
The camper is powered by a Goal Zero Yeti 1400 and also in the photographs is my electric fridge. These are not included in the sale. Included but not pictured are the seat covers for the area where my fridge currently resides (located in Las Vegas).

The camper will be available beginning August 11th in Las Vegas.

For trade:
Ideally I would like to trade this camper for a smaller popup of some kind for my First Gen Tacoma with a 6 foot bed. Preferably a wedge-style like a Gofast Camper, AT Overland Summit or a Vagabond Drifter. I realize the difference in value between these campers is stark and I would throw cash your way if you have one of these that fit a first gen tacoma! I might also be interested in a nice camper shell. LMK WHAT YOU GOT. If I do not have any interest by the end of the summer I will likely sell. Not sure on price yet. Shoot me some offers.

Why am I selling?
I have enjoyed living and traveling in this rig since early March. It was a decent 2 person set up for my girlfriend and I. She liked it so much she sold her van and bought a Tundra/FWC combo. Now that we have a new 2 person rig I'm looking for something smaller / simpler for my work as a traveling field biologist.

Attachments

• 20200628_153329_copy_1008x756.jpg
    20200628_153329_copy_1008x756.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 418
  • 20200628_153407_copy_1008x756.jpg
    20200628_153407_copy_1008x756.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 364
  • 20200628_155352_copy_1008x756.jpg
    20200628_155352_copy_1008x756.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

Forum statistics