Ford Bronco Xlt

91xlt

Adventurer
in the begining stages for an expedition rig using a ford bronco as the platform. i would appreciate any input/info also help in naming my project using the letters XLT...thinking along lines of Xpedition..???Xxploring..??? you get the idea. but all else aside this forum seems to be just what i have been looking for as far as info...more to follow i am sure!:camping:

Scott Brady

Founder
The Broncos are a great platform. Is yours the HD model with front and rear d44' s and factory posi traction? They also came with the stout C6 3-speed auto.

My uncle has used one since new on his ranch. 300,000+ miles of hard work.

david despain

Adventurer
another full size ford!

its great to see another full size ford on here with many of the same types of ?s and ideas as me. check out the thread i posted in the full size domestic section. i think many of the parts and issues we will have will be the same. my dad had a 91 xlt "OJ" bronco he put over 160k miles on before he bought the 95 f-150. i liked that truck.
dave

91xlt

Adventurer
expeditionswest said:
The Broncos are a great platform. Is yours the HD model with front and rear d44' s and factory posi traction? They also came with the stout C6 3-speed auto.

mine has d44 front and ford8.8 rear no posi...lockers to come, and the E4OD trans 4sp electronic auto

91xlt

Adventurer
working on an outline for build. to be broke down into three phases. phase 1 basic outfitting/modifications to provide better than stock off road performance and ability. phase 2 outfitted for moderate/severe off road and expedition type travels. phase 3 harcore off road capability, major mods and rebuilds. as i am trying to do this i was thinking maybe you guys/gals would have some insight and thoughts....any?

91xlt

Adventurer
CLynn85 said:
Which engine do you have, the 2.8 V6? Manual or automatic hubs?
I have the 5.8L V8, i currently have the auto hubs but soon to be replaced with Warn Premium manuals.

blaze one

Adventurer
looks like a nice clean truck , glad to see somethin other than a toyota in here .
no offence to the toyota owners , there great trucks.

beemerchef

Explorer
Just joined!

Discovered this great Forum... as I am getting ready to hit the road for an unlimited amount of time... versus 6 months a year for the past 20 or so...

My Bronco, 5L, manual 4x4 hub has been great and is tip top mechanical shape (today!)... 1990... in 1993 had Hallmark mount the Pop Up camper, walk through, completely reupholstered... trailer has generator... will be my Home Base with my sidecar rig for few day trips around...

21192898-S.jpg

Complete with water tank... AC/DC/Propane fridg, thermostat controlled furnace, a little AC Unit in the back door...

93524260-S.jpg

two propane stove burners... working on the trailer right now... 42 days left till take off...

95940879-S.jpg

my buddy Spirit!

86950103-S.jpg

86950102-S.jpg

... he is back there behind the always wet nosed dirty windshield!!!

94065618-Ti.jpg

Be well... will write more soon... much to prepare and unplan!!!

Ara

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94