Ford Expedition advice

phsycle

Adventurer
My bike was about $1,400. For where I live, it was the right decision for me. I get to take a bike path most of the way and don't have to ride on the busy streets at 40 MPH in the dead of winter. An ebike doesn't require insurance or registration either, so not as much on going cost as a scooter.

Yeah, I take side streets. Some have bike lanes, some do not. If there were a dedicated bike path that cut out miles, that might make sense to get a bike.
50cc scooters don’t need an endorsement and insurance is $50/yr. So not really a big deal. Bit better coverage during inclement weather (pogies, windshield, leg covers).

85_Ranger4x4

That’s a bummer. The Cam Phasers on those 5.4L engines are no joke. My parents bought an ‘07 new as a family hauler and lost the engine due to that problem maybe like 1,000 miles past the warranty. Somehow they got Ford to put I a new crate engine for just the cost of labor, after that the thing ran great up to about 250k and they traded it in 6 months ago just to get into something newer.

It is sad, u-pull-it typically has a ton of straight 3v 5.4 trucks (which means junked for a powertrain problem) and they all have the engines ripped out by suckers hoping to roll the dice and find a better engine than what they have.

I have 2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bower edition. Does anyone know how to open the back window on the back hatch the door opens but don't know how to open window without opening the whole back hatch?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

After two weeks of ownership, I have discovered another common problem with these vehicles if anyone is researching to buy one. A couple days after purchasing, I kept coming out to a dead battery. I had the battery and alternator checked and both were fine. I checked all switches to make sure everything was off, but the problem persisted. After doing research on parasitic battery draw, I found that on the 2003-2007 model Expeditions that they have a problem with the rear wiper. Something happens to the rear wiper to prevent it from returning to the fully parked position. It will then constantly try to park itself and this causes the battery to drain even when the vehicle is shut off. I pulled the fuse for the rear windshield wiper, and this is a good temporary fix. I also posted a negative review of the car dealer where I bought it as they told me I was on my own to fix it. After the negative review, the owner of the dealership called me and offered to fix it for free. They put a new motor and wiper on it, and that seems to have fixed the problem.
Do you know how to open the back hatch window on a 2004 Ford Expedition? Window only

And get 12mpg. My father has a Tahoe that’s been very reliable. Mostly commutes and road trips while pulling an 8k lb trailer. Gets ~22mpg Highway.
That’s a bummer. The Cam Phasers on those 5.4L engines are no joke. My parents bought an ‘07 new as a family hauler and lost the engine due to that problem maybe like 1,000 miles past the warranty. Somehow they got Ford to put I a new crate engine for just the cost of labor, after that the thing ran great up to about 250k and they traded it in 6 months ago just to get into something newer.
Can you tell me how to open the window only on the back hatch back door on a 2004 Ford Expedition

I'm surprised to hear this I have an 04 that has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. although also a 2nd gen I believe there alot of differences between the 03-04's and 05-06 as stated previously. Our expeditions has 440000kms (275000 miles) Engine still runs very strong. Has a small intake leak, and I did do the transmission at 300000km (used from a scrap yard), besides that wear items such as hubs and brakes. Once one left me stranded (fuel pump) and it was less than block from my house. Has been all over Yukon and BC and as far east Sault St Marie!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94