Ford Fullsize Thread !!!!

coastal616

Adventurer
2008 f450, it was my work truck, but with a growing family, I decided to make it a dual purpose truck. First step was to yank out the ticking time bomb 6.4l. Although I loved driving that motor....it had blown headgaskets and it was about 7-10k to repair....then I have to worry about the block cracking, pistons melting, rods bending, HPOP failing....and the list goes on. So I opted to put in a fully mechanical DT360 out of an international 5 Ton along with a spicer 7 speed.

The factory dually bed was trashed, so a flatbed went on, Continental MPT81's were installed to get rid of the dually and retain my weight capacity, next up is Carli suspension and an expedition deck that will get placed by machine onto the flatbed when I require it. ;)

This was the first test drive with the DT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g1FVxI4Pz4&list=UUDdwoXo_-Ytq_IgHO8WgRVQ

Seabass

Idiot
2008 f450, it was my work truck, but with a growing family, I decided to make it a dual purpose truck. First step was to yank out the ticking time bomb 6.4l. Although I loved driving that motor....it had blown headgaskets and it was about 7-10k to repair....then I have to worry about the block cracking, pistons melting, rods bending, HPOP failing....and the list goes on. So I opted to put in a fully mechanical DT360 out of an international 5 Ton along with a spicer 7 speed.

The factory dually bed was trashed, so a flatbed went on, Continental MPT81's were installed to get rid of the dually and retain my weight capacity, next up is Carli suspension and an expedition deck that will get placed by machine onto the flatbed when I require it. ;)

This was the first test drive with the DT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g1FVxI4Pz4&list=UUDdwoXo_-Ytq_IgHO8WgRVQ

That may be the coolest thing I've seen- EVER!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boog2001

Family Adventurer
That's definitely the coolest truck I've seen. Excellent build! I wonder if I can do this to my excursion. :)

Azlugz

Adventurer
Hard to Follow the F450, But I will add my baby.

Mine is a 2009 Ford F350 Crew Cab Long Bed 4x4. Tires are changed out to BFG Rugged Terrain T/As that are about 34", Added a Husky cross bed tool box and a Curt 16K 5th wheel hitch.

Its big and mostly stock, but it has done a lot of off-roading and has been used a number of times for off-road recovery (vehicle drag out). Primary duty is tow rig. first is our 38' Jayco Eagle...home away from home, second is a 16' aluminum flatbed setup to haul our bikes. I have a Goldwing, she has a Victory X-Country. Trailer weighs 900lbs and bikes together are about 1700lbs. With the bikes loaded, we can tow this behind the 5th wheel.

Another addition was the front hitch used to move the little trailer around. Alps added an Anderson connector in the front bumper with 2 gauge cable going to the batteries and setup the 25' jumper cables.

Since I had the hitch and power, I picked up a 12K winch from a friend and set it up for recovery duty. I have 2/0 cable to run to the back of the truck also and set this up as a front or rear winch but have not run the cables to the rear yet, have to wait till AZ cools down a bit.

Working on an idea for some emergency lights and a second dual battery setup in the tool box, with inverter and compressor...more to follow.

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
861ffb74437fec9dd40651a407e572a2.jpg

Here's mine yesterday when I was putting the new winch cable on.

Sent from my communications device by Taptalk

Phil8ABug

Fred the Ford

Checking out a county road in WV

20140810_130555v2.jpg

Alternate roll as the family tow vehicle. Usually has a canoe on a roof rack, but no water where we were headed.

20140620_150729-1.jpg

Last edited:

TRDFAN

Adventurer
Just picked up my topper off craigslist and had it painted. I also painted the ladder rack on the shell. Think it turned out great. I will start a build thread soon.

Custom winch bumper in the near future.

Last edited:

Raul B

Explorer
Just picked up my topper off craigslist and had it painted. I also painted the ladder rack on the shell. Think it turned out great. I will start a build thread soon.

Custom winch bumper in the near future.
Looks great. Nice to see another f150 on here

TRDFAN

Adventurer
Thanks Raul. I've enjoyed your build thanks for posting up all the details. I have some ideas I'm ready try out. This will be my third camper build out. I think I may have it dialed in soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online