Ford Fullsize Thread !!!!

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Loving this combo. (y)

From our most recent trip.

Still sorting out the suspension. Shown here with just 20# in the bags, as we had near 50 miles of washboard on this trip...

48628221398_8bf0c3bd91_h.jpg

patoz

Expedition Leader
Loving this combo. (y)

From our most recent trip.

Still sorting out the suspension. Shown here with just 20# in the bags, as we had near 50 miles of washboard on this trip...

48628221398_8bf0c3bd91_h.jpg

Yep, that's pretty **************!

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Thanks guys. It has come together nicely.
Quite a bit more to do... but close enough to enjoy as is (y)

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Just joined the club last night. 2019 Expedition Platinum. Effing hell these are expensive!!!
I did go below invoice by a fair bit so theres that.

This rig will remain as a soccer dad wagon till I feel like I’ve forgot the check I wrote. Lol

The B&O sound system is nice!! The massage seats are super weird given never had such silly stuff before. But the wife likes it so my adventures requests should get less resistance. Yay

My Sequoia goes to my dad, hes super excited and needed a good ride. So its all win win!!

First modification is a weathertech rear cargo mat.

Explorerinil

Observer
Just joined the club last night. 2019 Expedition Platinum. Effing hell these are expensive!!!
I did go below invoice by a fair bit so theres that.

This rig will remain as a soccer dad wagon till I feel like I’ve forgot the check I wrote. Lol

The B&O sound system is nice!! The massage seats are super weird given never had such silly stuff before. But the wife likes it so my adventures requests should get less resistance. Yay

My Sequoia goes to my dad, hes super excited and needed a good ride. So its all win win!!

First modification is a weathertech rear cargo mat.
For a tad more you could have got a land cruiser or got a slightly used one for the price of the platinum.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
For a tad more you could have got a land cruiser or got a slightly used one for the price of the platinum.
I owned a LC for 8yrs. Had to sell it too short on space and lousy road trip mileage
25yrs of Toyota trucks. They are sooooooo far behind I couldn’t go there anymore.

Betarocker

Adventurer
1590298873167.png

Gave it a full spa treatment. Winters here are pretty tough and the snow plows create iron filings that get thrown onto the pain, leaving specks of rust particles. Would also find that near railways I used to spend a day with a clay bar and detailer liquid cleaning the surface. This time I use Autoglym Magma (similar to Iron X) spray after giving a good wash a few days ago. I bought 3 x 500ml bottles because I didn't know how much I'd need, but ended up using 1.5 bottles) Sprayed the entire surface where rust specks had accumulated. When I bought the Magma, I also picked up a Mothers Speed Clay 2.0 bock. Waited a few minutes for the Magma to do its work , creating purple everywhere there was rust, and then rinsed off. Any stubborn flecks I used the clay block on. Pretty much had the task done in 1 hour. Even the hard to reach spots in the door jambs were easily dealt with. Let dry, and then hit the surface again with the new clay block and detailer spray and buffed shiny.

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
View attachment 587710

Gave it a full spa treatment. Winters here are pretty tough and the snow plows create iron filings that get thrown onto the pain, leaving specks of rust particles. Would also find that near railways I used to spend a day with a clay bar and detailer liquid cleaning the surface. This time I use Autoglym Magma (similar to Iron X) spray after giving a good wash a few days ago. I bought 3 x 500ml bottles because I didn't know how much I'd need, but ended up using 1.5 bottles) Sprayed the entire surface where rust specks had accumulated. When I bought the Magma, I also picked up a Mothers Speed Clay 2.0 bock. Waited a few minutes for the Magma to do its work , creating purple everywhere there was rust, and then rinsed off. Any stubborn flecks I used the clay block on. Pretty much had the task done in 1 hour. Even the hard to reach spots in the door jambs were easily dealt with. Let dry, and then hit the surface again with the new clay block and detailer spray and buffed shiny.
That truck looks fantastic, I really like it!

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Have you ever had it weighed? I'd be interested in the axle loads. Public scales do it for $15 or so. You did a nice job.

Currently we are right at 10,500 wet and loaded.
A bit more than 4k on the front axle, and a bit more than 6k on the rear.

Still have the moto and moto carrier to sort out (in the box)
But that will only be another 200# or so. (bike is just 160lbs wet)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne