Ford Fullsize Thread !!!!

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Hi! New here, how do you all newish Ford Super Duty owners feel about your trucks? I’m going to be looking at F-250-350 soon with the Powerstroke. I’m more of a Ram guy, sorry, but I have a lemon Ford Focus that they want to buy back from me, and I need a full size. Thank you all for your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glwright

Bought it last August and it hasn't changed much. Weather tech mudflaps and some running boards. The XL fit the budget best and the STX was a nice addition to it. Love the 6.2 gasser. Where it serves as a daily with occasional towing it made more sense. Hoping to add some taller tires, a 2wd valance, and a brush guard. I have some fog lights, just trying to figure out how to mount them with out drilling into the bumper.
Monte LG1.jpgMonte LG2.jpg

Ducstrom

Hi! New here, how do you all newish Ford Super Duty owners feel about your trucks? I’m going to be looking at F-250-350 soon with the Powerstroke. I’m more of a Ram guy, sorry, but I have a lemon Ford Focus that they want to buy back from me, and I need a full size. Thank you all for your input!

I like it so far, but it's only got 8000kms. It's my first Ford and I swore I would never buy Ford after dealing with the focus my GF brought to the relationship. Other brands didn't offer what I was looking for at the time.
What's up with your Focus? Dual clutch problems?

Seabass

Idiot

The super duty platform is pretty solid! Coil springs, straight axels, factory E-lockers, lots of configurations available. We’ve been running them for several years now and are seeing little to complain about. My personal preference is to stay away from the diesels. Advocates will say the power and fuel economy are so great that there’s no other choice. While it’s true they do offer both....I’m just plain sick of the up-front cost and the maintenance costs. Not to mention repairs- unbelievably expensive. If you are fortunate enough to be able to keep one that has warranty then you’ll negate some of the cost. The gas engines are getting better every year. My 6.2 treats me very well. Yes, it’s hard on gas when I stay on the go petal or tow heavy. But I can live with that since I saved over 10 grand by not buying the diesel option. Power....it’s got plenty of that so I don’t consider that a huge trade off. Longevity....again- how long will you own it? Gas engines typically run hundreds of thousands of miles with little problem now. I know a guy who got 425k out of a 6.2. I’ve only put a water pump on mine....it’s got almost 160k on it now. All said- if you buy the truck you proposed- you’ll probably find a lot to like about the F-250- and you’ll probably (overall) really like that 6.7 power stroke- it’s a good engine. We currently have one that has 100k on it and other than some emissions issues has performed very well. Good luck with your decision!

Luckychase5

Adventurer
I like it so far, but it's only got 8000kms. It's my first Ford and I swore I would never buy Ford after dealing with the focus my GF brought to the relationship. Other brands didn't offer what I was looking for at the time.
What's up with your Focus? Dual clutch problems?

Dual cutch problems galore. Three new clutch packs in 70k miles. Also the infotainment system is completely down.

Ducstrom

Dual cutch problems galore. Three new clutch packs in 70k miles. Also the infotainment system is completely down.

Yep, figured as much. I really liked the car, but the transmission I couldn't live with. After multiple new clutches and dealing with insulting trade in and buy back offers from Ford, we traded it in on a new VW.
I heard there's a class action lawsuit against Ford regarding that dual clutch set up now. You should look into that.
I ended up buying the 2019 f350 with the 6.2 and 6 speed. From what I researched it's a pretty bullet proof combo. I wasn't going to be a guinea pig again for the new 10 speeds they're slapping in the new trucks.

MattF350

Observer
Yep, figured as much. I really liked the car, but the transmission I couldn't live with. After multiple new clutches and dealing with insulting trade in and buy back offers from Ford, we traded it in on a new VW.
I heard there's a class action lawsuit against Ford regarding that dual clutch set up now. You should look into that.
I ended up buying the 2019 f350 with the 6.2 and 6 speed. From what I researched it's a pretty bullet proof combo. I wasn't going to be a guinea pig again for the new 10 speeds they're slapping in the new trucks.
Im looking at a couple of those myself. Low to mid 50s for CCLB 6.2 lariats

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer

It's just too soon for regular car companies to try the dual clutch semi auto trans stuff. It may be the inevitable future of semi trucks and cars, but it's not ready for prime time yet.

You'll never have an issue with the infotainment system in a Super Duty, if you order one without one. Actually the XL option pack stereo, in mine, is fairly decent.

The diesel isn't necessary. Avoid it, unless you have no other reasonable option. The 7.3 should be way past the cooling jet issue by now, but read up on that anyways. Make sure you get the locker and skid plates.

NoTraxx

Been away for a while, and handed off the Rubi to my baby boy (he's 21 now). I am in a 19 F-150 S-crew SB FX4. I'll be poking around builds and when I decide on my general direction I'll post up a little build thread. It is my DD and work horse, any Expo stuff has to be removable so the truck can work on its primary duties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste