Ford Ranger 2012 vs. 2015 big changes?

Grassland

OP- Yes they are very different as said above. Also, Ford didn't make a Ranger for North America from around 2006 or 2007 until the recent model release in 2018/2019.

Not quite correct. The Ranger ended production in 2011 for retail customers and 2012 for fleet customers IIRC. It was a boxed ladder frame in the front and C channel in the back, and used torsion bar front suspension.
I guess Europe already had the T6 platform in the last days of of the Ranger in N.A.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Not quite correct. The Ranger ended production in 2011 for retail customers and 2012 for fleet customers IIRC. It was a boxed ladder frame in the front and C channel in the back, and used torsion bar front suspension.
I guess Europe already had the T6 platform in the last days of of the Ranger in N.A.
Really? I remember all the dez bros in high school getting all butt hurt because their rangers were no longer being made lol. Maybe the 2006/7 (when I graduated) model was the last gen before they stopped? IDK I need to fact check myself before I start typing sometimes :LOL:

Grassland

Really? I remember all the dez bros in high school getting all butt hurt because their rangers were no longer being made lol. Maybe the 2006/7 (when I graduated) model was the last gen before they stopped? IDK I need to fact check myself before I start typing sometimes :LOL:
Hey NBD.
I spent a lot of time on a Ranger forum about 12 years ago, and had an 08. Nothing important changed from 06/07 onwards really. Stuff like instrument cluster but that might have been in 05, different torsion keys in 08+.
I think they were planning to drop it then but just kept going to use up parts, I don't remember, but I do remember how all the information about the platform kind of just died out around 07.
Like 99-01 had vacuum hubs and the system didn't work well IIRC and then 02+ dropped that and they just kept making them and hardly changed anything

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke